The ultimate DIY? A Stax SRM-T2!

spritzer

This is my 2nd post...

Progress.

Imageshack - t2main2.jpg - Uploaded by inuponken

Very nice and great use of spacers to elevate the parts. I'm wondering what those small black resistors are, since they look a bit like Holco's which would never work at these voltages.

+1 interested in the ESX design project and the SS projects...

The ESX is very cool, with TO220 power resistors and even a CCS for the output stage should you choose to use it.

I really wanted to use those spacers, because i have seen them used a bunch of times, but

i could never find the part number for those things.

Please post the part number for the spacers. I think its a good idea that everyone use them.

Kevin, that's just teflon tubing I believe.. well, at least that's what I would have used if it were me :)

The black resistors (that are not Mills) are IRC mil-spec resistors. Very nice devices, but not cheap.

Edited by luvdunhill

Yep you are right, teflon tubing... Not what i wanted. What i'm talking about is .5 inch high plated tin tubes

that are solderable and have a round bump at the end so they stay put. I can get a picture of the old ones,

but no idea who still makes them.

Edit: i saw what i wanted to see, hoping someone had found those things :(

Edited by kevin gilmore

The black resistors (that are not Mills) are IRC mil-spec resistors. Very nice devices, but not cheap.

That would make sense but somebody might be tempted to use Holco's (i.e. cheap but good) so it's better to ask. :)

Yep you are right, teflon tubing... Not what i wanted. What i'm talking about is .5 inch high plated tin tubes

that are solderable and have a round bump at the end so they stay put. I can get a picture of the old ones,

but no idea who still makes them.

Edit: i saw what i wanted to see, hoping someone had found those things :(

So something like what Stax are using on the new SRM-600?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2697[/ATTACH]

post-354-12951156404158_thumb.jpg

Birgir, have you heard the SRM-600? I've been curious about it since I noticed it was released.

Nope, not yet. I was tempted to pickup one but I'd have no use for it.

Forgive my getting lost in threads or posts and not remembering what goes where. But if theres still option for T2 PCB buy, where does one put ones name?

Just drop KG a PM.

Very nice and great use of spacers to elevate the parts. I'm wondering what those small black resistors are, since they look a bit like Holco's which would never work at these voltages.

Black resistors, 100 1W, 5.1K 1W, 10K 1W are MILLS MRA-5 (Mills Resistors)

1.1K = RN60D (Metal Oxide, Carbon Film & Metal Film Resistors - 846 Ohm to 1,229 Ohm)

301K(300K) = RNC60J (Metal Oxide, Carbon Film & Metal Film Resistors - 216k Ohm to 332k Ohm)