The ultimate DIY? A Stax SRM-T2!

spritzer

Guest sawyers
So far, 2 silk screen errors. Total. Plus the holes on the 3381's a bit tiny.

Plus one zener hole a bit tiny.

Pretty fucking good for a project of this magnitude.

I challenge anyone to do a project of this scope and get it 99.99999999% right the first time.

Absol-bloody-lutely! Stunningly great piece of work Kevin. I've never done PCB design anything like this large or complex, and I've always had a greater mistake density.

Didn't mean to come across as a knit-picker :-[

Kevin,

If those are SumR transformers double check the secondaries by hand. On the last trafo he made for me (for the BHse) he mis-marked the center tap on one of the secondaries, which thankfully didn't cook anything.

I always test the AC out of all transformers first.

And unloaded power draw checking for shorted turns.

In fact i also check every semiconductor (especially the led's) and

measure the resistors. Saves a lot of time later.

Checking every component is well worth it (especially the leds since they are a pain to remove later on). Thanks for the warning Nate, the CT on my KGSS transformer was in the wrong spot or I just misunderstood the SumR specsheet.

That's exactly what happened on mine, the CT was marked wrong. Thankfully it was a low-voltage mistake but I'm not happy to hear it's happened more than once.

I can't believe that 4 330k resistors are getting in the way of this thing making music.

Patience grasshopper.

It will make music soon. Very soon. Have to finish power supply first. Worked on it 3 hours today and 2 hours tomorrow

should finish it. Had to go to tristate electronics for the right size spacers. Ordered the rest of the parts including

xlr connectors to make cables with which to hook it up to a source, plus the right sized spacers for the amp board.

No reason to rush this, it will be done in plenty of time for CJ010. I want it perfect the first time it powers on.

The resistors ARE on backorder. But they are not really important as they are the input filter.

Too bad i did not wire the stax jacks, I would have something to listen to already :D

ATOMIC BATTERIES TO POWER

TURBINES TO SPEED

PHASERS ON STUN

http://gilmore.chem.northwestern.edu/t2amplifier1.jpg

all voltages look good...

Filament transformer is a slight bit high... The output tubes are 6.5 vac

the input tubes are at 6.7 vac. Don't trust my 30 year old meter, so i'll bring

home something recent and calibrated before i re-spec the filament transformer.