Apple Tablet

Where's Mike? $5 says he went to the Apple Store and when he gets home he has two.

So this Is how my day has gone. By 1 pm no iPad. By 2 pm I got one of the worst migraines vie had in a while. At 4:45 the iPad arrives but the migraine didn't leave until now. I am happy to say that I am typing this post from my iPad. This thing is f'ing cool.

Nope. Waiting for 3G. Placed 64GB 3G order this morning though. You?

Anyone having charging issues? Apple iPad charging woes: USB hubs, non-Macs and weak ports not rejuvenating - Engadget

Yeah mine will not charge through a powered USB hub. Syncs fine but says not charging up by the battery.

The good thing is that I have had mine on with pretty constant use since 1:30 and my battery is at 77%.

Edited by VPI

Congrats Mike, Jeff, Shelly, Dan, jp(?), and all on being up and running with your pads. I was out all day making airport runs for guests, but mine arrived, just finished charging, and I'm synching now. Looking forward to a fun evening with the new iPad and a rack of dfh 60 minute.

If that's the case, I am very effing impressed, but why would he need to if he is in wireless range?

Mike? Mike? Bueller? Spill.

His hope/plan was to be able to use the wifi model and tether it to his phone for mobile/3G access. I have to say, it's a great plan and it's damn impressive if he already got it to work.

I have found touch typing with the onscreen keyboard to be quick and easy. I thought sitting this thing on my lap and typing would be a pain, but it's quite easy. Gonna write a book on it...no. But for email, forum posting and other light typing, it's fine, better than fine actually. Using it in landscape mode is the way to go. Portrait mode is ok, but less convenient.

Browsing the web is awesome. The browser is very responsive.

There are a lot of iBooks out there right now and many free classics from project Gutenberg.