Apple Tablet

I have been using the iPad info app and noticed that it now gives me ads on all four corners telling me to download the Bing app for free. I guess they put together this cheesy app so that they could sneak in ads.

I just ordered the zagg invisible shield, hope it delivers as promised. I'll likely get a padded case for travel not sure what yet but I'll drink a few growlers and hit amazon.

I like your decision making process. :)

Me, too, Stretch, but then, we all know that jp is a wise man.

Looks like the weak wifi rumors are starting to gain traction. I am using mine now on my seventh different wifi setup and I have yet to have a single problem but evidently some people are having a lot of issues even getting online.

Anyone besides Mike having problems here?

I was having no problems at home. However, I was having some trouble with the signal in my office. I don't use wireless there very often so it could just be a weak signal. It seemed to be fine in the hall.

Well, the resident Mac Fanboi at work had his iPad out for all to fondle today.

It is indeed Teh Shiny!. He had a leather Convertible Book Jacket for iPad : Incase Product which seemed to compliment it nicely, and would prop it up at various angles for viewing or typing.

He had set it up to be a photo viewer / slideshow using the origami transition.

We debated the merits of the walled garden/gated community that apps vs. open standards entails. From a development perspective I can see the advantages of of optimizing for a fixed platform with a known spec, rather than having to craft a general solution, with the trade-offs that involves.

In a world where people don't have access to clean drinking water, no one actually needs this, but I can see why it is desirable.

Please, please let there be a native Google Maps app for the iPad one day. Although the way relations are heading between the two, maybe that's a pipe dream. Maps in the browser is fairly maddening, especially when you switch to other tabs/pages and it arbitrarily reloads when you return, wiping out whatever location info you were working from. Grr.

Wow, that article was annoying

The Kindle is a fancy piece of paper (and one that lacks many of the good aspects of paper), while the iPad is a computer, with all that implies.

The ipad isint a fancy computer (that lacks many of the good aspects of computers)?

I hate the iPad. I haven't listened to my rig for more than 30 minutes since it arrived. Must stop watching movies and tv shows.

No kidding! Spent most of last night streaming concert and music movies from Netflix to the iPad and listening with trusty old SR60s. Not tonight, though ... I'll just finish the last bit that I didn't see last night and be done (sound familiar, anyone?).

Despite my moronity, I did manage to get a 802.11n router set up in the house today to see if it improves performance much over our current b/g network. Initial verdict, better but not a huge difference in terms of speed. Now need to see how range is affected..

Not sure if it is true, but I have the understanding that if you have only n devices on the network it will be faster if you have n plus b/g devices.