Apple Tablet

Excellent, I was just wondering how I would carry my new Overdrive with the iPad if I did not want to drag around a bag. It only seems to be for sale at a very limited number of Best Buys so I am not sure how I will get my hands on one.

And doesn't have that feel on most Android phones either. In fact has any Android phone got Flash yet (besides beta demo)?

Not full Flash support yet. Flash Player support will reportedly arrive with Flash Player 10.1. 10.1 RC1 was released just recently (April 5th).

Some Android phones have had Flash Lite (e.g. Hero, Devour, etc.) though.

I got my Overdrive today so I am out of luck unless I return this one and go to South Jersey to pick on up at one of those Best Buys. I got a little sleeve for the Overdrive and will probably just drop it in my bag like that instead of going through all that trouble.

Not full Flash support yet. Flash Player support will reportedly arrive with Flash Player 10.1. 10.1 RC1 was released just recently (April 5th).

Some Android phones have had Flash Lite (e.g. Hero, Devour, etc.) though.

The Justice League would never accept a Flash Lite.

And speaking of The Flash, why are there so many?

Typing this from an iPad at a local Apple store. I'm really liking this thing and typing on the keyboard is a lot better than expected. Now I want one.

On a related note, 15-in MBP is also nice and fast.

My girlfriend had the same reaction. In fact, she dissed the iPad to others. Then she tried one while waiting for me to try out the MBP. Now she wants one. Bad.

And the 13" MBP is nice too. I bought one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Used the iPad in the car yesterday (I was not driving of course) with Pre. Except for streaming video, it seemed to work well - though on bumpy roads, I mistyped many letters. Tried watching the red sox game on MLB at bat and the video was pretty choppy. I don't know if that had to do with the fact that I was using 3G or because I was in a moving vehicle using 3G.

So I awoke this morning to an email from the Apple Store. Excitement quickly turned to "No Shit Sherlock" as I read it:

To Our Valued Apple Customer:

Thank you for your recent order of the magical and revolutionary iPad 3G.

We would like to confirm that your order will be shipped in late April as communicated at the time you placed your order. You will receive a confirmation notice when your order has shipped.

You can get up-to-date information about your order, including shipping status and tracking number, at Apple Order Status

Thank you for choosing Apple.

Sincerely,

The Apple Store Team

:palm:

I received one as well. I believe the reason for the email is because on the website it shows May 7 as the ship date for the 3G. Those that pre-ordered got the email so we didn't think that our shipping date changed from late April to May 7. At least that's what I'm thinking.

So I got to try one of these this weekend at the Apple store in Boston. While cool I didn't find it magical or particularly revolutionary. I still think that there's a certain type of user for which this is the perfect device, I'm just not it. If I spent any significant amount of time on a bus, train or plane it'd be a no brainer but for casual web surfing on the couch I greatly prefer my macbook. I also found the aluminum chassis to be very slick and imagine that most will use a case simply to have something more tactile to hold onto. The screen is also (as already reported) a finger-print magnet which in the insanely bright lights of the store was pretty distracting. Conclusion - I doubt I'll own one any time soon unless I come into more money than I know what to do with.

Nate, I'm still having similar thoughts. But I'm also having trouble imagining what exactly I'd need a MBP for. In my previous jobs it would have been a no-brainer: MBP. But I travel much less now and work in a much less tech-savvy environment, meaning that my working remotely is not necessarily an easy thing (thank god). So I'm left with some challenges to figure out exactly why I would need the horsepower of a MBP. What I do often find myself wanting is something that will turn on in an instant, so I can check my email, the weather, sports scores, and Head-Case. I think that means that the iPad is for me, and I just also want a MBP, but really am not enough of a power user to really need it. I think.

EDIT: Also, I have not yet received the 3G email. That does not make me happy.

Dinny, we should get together this week and I can let you take the iPad for a spin. Colin is coming in on Friday, maybe he would have time to eat some BBQ with us.

I have not turned on my MacBook Pro since getting the iPad. Now that I have both Rowmote and iTeleport I am doing even more with the iPad that I used to do with the laptop.

Nate, I'm still having similar thoughts. But I'm also having trouble imagining what exactly I'd need a MBP for. In my previous jobs it would have been a no-brainer: MBP. But I travel much less now and work in a much less tech-savvy environment, meaning that my working remotely is not necessarily an easy thing (thank god). So I'm left with some challenges to figure out exactly why I would need the horsepower of a MBP. What I do often find myself wanting is something that will turn on in an instant, so I can check my email, the weather, sports scores, and Head-Case. I think that means that the iPad is for me, and I just also want a MBP, but really am not enough of a power user to really need it. I think.

EDIT: Also, I have not yet received the 3G email. That does not make me happy.

Dinny,

Notice I said Macbook, not Pro. If I were buying an Ipad I'd never buy the 16GB, $499 model. I'd run out of space in a hurry and I remember often cursing my Touch for being wifi crippled so that means 3G too. Add that up and I'd swiftly be dropping $729 on something that is not a computer and something that requires that you have it tethered to an actual computer. With my discount I can get a brand new Macbook for $899 which to me just makes infinitely more sense for my use case and sounds to me like it's more what you're after as well. I want to offload and upload pictures, download movies and watch them (not just from Apple or Netflix), rip CD's and DVD's, blah blah blah.

That's my 2