Apple Tablet

I'm tempted to guess they're going to only offer two SKUs for the HD... a 64GB and 128GB. It seems like these may be aimed at "professional" duties, possibly video and photo stuff, especially. I think to help ease the price points you mention, they'd do the memory bump.

I'm also REALLY wanting a MBA/iPad HD hybrid. That screen + MBA would be amazing. (Well, or just an MBA style keyboard dock). I know that isn't likely to be an Apple product, but someone will make something like that. It would just be nice to have something as elegant as Apple could produce in that form factor.

**BRENT**

Both.

I'd want it to be similar to the Lenovo U1 Hybrid concept, but with iOS 5 and Lion. With a screen of that resolution, it would be incredible.

I'm also wondering if they will stick with 9.7", or narrow the bezel and stretch it out a little bit more. I'd enjoy it, but doubt it will happen.

**BRENT**

Edited by MexicanDragon

I want an iOS virtual machine running inside of OSX.

EDIT - I left the reply window open for a while, and missed the post above before I posted.

FWIW, the U1 has and independent tablet and computer setup, it isn't just a dock. When docked, the tablet acts as just a display, but when removed, the tablet switches to tablet mode, possibly retaining some information from when it was docked (laptop web pages are now brought up on the tablet), yet the laptop would still function as a headless machine (hook it up to a monitor, or tv, etc.)

Unfortunately, an Apple rig like this would probably start around 2k or more with an HD iPad.

**BRENT**

Well, it was bound to happen. The Yoobao case has been on the iPad 24/7 since it was swapped out due to a bad SIM card slot 2 weeks ago. Either it got dented through the case (yes, I have dropped it a few times) or the guys that put the screen protector on today did it but deny responsibility. At least that's over with. More to come I'm sure.

ipad2dent.jpg

if it makes you feel any better, a piece of grit hiding in an onion scratched my Shigefusa enough that i'd have to completely refinish the knife to remove it. it microchipped the edge, but i fixed that (another onion did the same thing to a knife i was about to send somebody, so i guess it was a gritty batch of onions).

I don't feel too bad about the little iPad dents anymore, but I'm sorry you have to re-do your knife edge. My Shun 8" has only been used a couple of times and I like it a lot.

PS: Looking closely there's actually a second corner that is dented too, diagonal from this one. I'm sure in a month all 4 corners will be this way...

Sorry to hear that. :(

But really, it sounds like it's actually been kind of therapeutic for you.

I'm going to have my OCD patients start purposely ruining their stuff bit by bit until they tell me they are doing better. I'll have a really high success rate, except for the patients who drop out. And those patients will be labeled as non-compliant.

Edit: HPA, I found the case for you!

'iPad survives 60-foot fall to pavement in soft case'

http://m.cnet.com/Article.rbml?nid=20078941&bid=1&test=20078941&assetType=BLOG_POST&beginStartDate=20110614&endStartDate=20110713

Edited by jvlgato

^^ Win. (Nice Fifth Element reference.)

Rotational symmetry, point symmetry, or line symmetry?

Argh, decisions decisions.

I liked it so much I bought a Multi-pass online a few years ago. Wish I could find it now, or the place I bought it, but it didn't look nearly this good. (it's probably with my fake driver's license for Jesus Christ, really).

web.jpg

dude how the hell do you keep dropping your gear?

Because I often use a cane to walk around I sometimes have to tuck the iPad under my arm if I need a free hand. Eventually it slips out if I'm not careful enough. I was thinking about going with a shoulder strap messenger bag kind of case now. The iPad 2 seems to dent more easily than the original, which is still dent free after I used it for almost a year in the crappy Apple case.

Sorry to hear that. :(

But really, it sounds like it's actually been kind of therapeutic for you.

I'm going to have my OCD patients start purposely ruining their stuff bit by bit until they tell me they are doing better. I'll have a really high success rate, except for the patients who drop out. And those patients will be labeled as non-compliant.

Edit: HPA, I found the case for you!

'iPad survives 60-foot fall to pavement in soft case'

http://m.cnet.com/Article.rbml?nid=20078941&bid=1&test=20078941&assetType=BLOG_POST&beginStartDate=20110614&endStartDate=20110713

Yeah, I guess it has been therapeutic. Thanks for the link. I forgot they were the one who make that iPad case that they threw out of the airplane and video taped the process.

Edited by HeadphoneAddict

Or you could start putting dents in your patients until they start complaining.

And when they start complaining, they will labeled as non-compliant.

Because I often use a cane to walk around I sometimes have to tuck the iPad under my arm if I need a free hand. Eventually it slips out if I'm not careful enough. I was thinking about going with a shoulder strap messenger bag kind of case now.

Ok, here's your next case.

http://actontreadway.com/w-padpackb.htm

Yeah, I guess it has been therapeutic.... iPad case that they threw out of the airplane and video taped the process.

And here is your next assignment. Throw your iPad2 out of an airplane, video tape it, and watch the video over and over. Perhaps a little bit of Ludwig Van in the background.

Because I often use a cane to walk around I sometimes have to tuck the iPad under my arm if I need a free hand. Eventually it slips out if I'm not careful enough. I was thinking about going with a shoulder strap messenger bag kind of case now. The iPad 2 seems to dent more easily than the original' date=' which is still dent free after I used it for almost a year in the crappy Apple case.[/quote']

Larry, quit your headphone related stuff reviewer career and start a new one as iPad endurance tester reviewer ;D

Edited by Torpedo