Interesting transplant phone?

Sherwood

I pulled this from the other site. I would surely protect my daughter from all you ortho weirdos, but nonetheless these pretty wood boxes may be of interest to you. A little pricy for a donor frame, maybe, but zebras died to make these headphones, and if anyone can fill them with felt, y'all can.

76646?wid=190&op_sharpen=0&qlt=85,1

They are for sale at Hammacher Schlemmer.

Perhaps the writing will sand off.

Whatever the actual case, I'm going to enjoy imagining that the reason they're on sale is because of some hungover Chinese silkscreener running off a thousand pairs with "Hammcher (sic) Schle". Would make the Head-F1 debacle seem a mere hiccup. :D

I like how they have the little alpha symbols. Well, too bad, Stax already made an Alpha, the Alpha Pro Excellent.

Nvm, I zoomed in and they just look like cursive L's now.

Well that's actually a good shape for the Ortho I've had planned. It'll use twin drivers per cup, so that elongated housing should work well. Couple that with real wood and leather for $60.00 and it's an easy choice.

Just ordered, thanks Sherwood.

Cool, take pics of the insides if you can, when you get them.:)

How about putting in the Audeze drivers in these bad boys?

Could work, if they fit. I think a lot of the point of making these new large fancy ortho drivers was to be able to produce enough bass in a fully open-backed (or nearly) arrangement so as to not have to deal with backwave, but that doesn't mean they couldn't be made to sound good in these.

I'm thinking that with room for dual drivers (SFI), one could be tuned for bass, while the other is tuned for mids and highs. And possibly the mid/high driver might be angled.

Any thoughts?

P.S. Anyone know of a lightweight product I could pour into the stock cups to fill the interior? It would need to harden to a workable stage. I'd like to mill out a specific, tunable pocket for each driver, instead of trying to work with the existing wide open space.