What are you reading now?

grawk

Read Stephen King's "On Writing". Required reading for anyone who ever writes anything OR reads. Or just loves reading Stephen King when he writes in his first person normal voice (his review of Ryan Adams' "Easy Tiger" is one of my favorite bits of writing).

QFT. Read that a couple weeks ago (ebook on my iphone).

As mentioned in other thread, I have all seven Dark Tower books on my iPhone's eReader. Currently in middle of second book.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
A Game of Thrones

Sweet. I'm waiting for Dance to come out this Fall, then I'll read Dance and Feast back to back. I might need to reread Storm to refresh my memory, or maybe find a summary of the series online I can read through.

I just finished Neal Stephenson's Confusion, and can't see any reason not to go right on to System of the World. I think Stephenson might be the king of modern speculative fiction, a title I previously attributed to Jeff Vandermeer.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm taking a class that is focusing on the ancient Greek theme of death and rebirth and has a ton of reading. I'm trying to get a large part of it done during the 3 week break in classes. I'm reading Euripides' bachhea and medea, virgil's Aeneid, Homer's Iliad, and Hesiod's Theogony.

• 1 month later...

Started reading The 5,000 Year Leap yesterday.

I'm absolutely adoring the Amazon Kindle. I could stare at it all day with zero eye strain. The long battery life is just comical, really. I do feel a bit more comfortable buying from the computer though, the toggle switch navigation can be a bit squirrley. Thankfully its a non-issue during reading.

I just glanced through this thread and have gotten some great new ebooks for it. Many for $1 or less :dance: