How big is your music collection?

faust3d

How big is your music collection?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. How big is your music collection?

I searched the forum and did not find such a thread, so inspired by this thread I would like to ask head-casers this: how big is your physical music collection? By physical I mean CDs, LPs, SACDs, R2R, music DVDs and etc, basically any original media. Let's keep any CD-Rs and digital files out of this :cool:

I have nothing against digital stuff and copies, it's is cool, but I would like to know what original goodies you got stored in your bookcases, boxes and basements :P

I have about 1500 CDs, 200 LPs plus some music DVDs, and god does this stuff take up a lot of living space.

I haven't actually counted in a while, but I think I have approximately 600-800 regular CDs, 100 anime soundtracks, and 30 concert DVDs.

I'm still looking to expand it greatly though; there's all kinds of music I haven't even begun to get into yet and that makes me sad.

I have around 3500 CD's and around 8000 records.

Wouldn't that sink your boat? And what is your boat doing in Oklahoma?

I have over 5,000 CD's (probably thousands more), and over 2,000 records.

Damn! Thats a lot of records and CDs. 8000 LPs must be a bitch to store, that stuff takes up space and is heavy. That is one of the reasons I am gearing towards CDs, a bit more convenient to store.

Unless its something like an XRCD or SACD, I really don't archive my discs properly in any way, once ripped. Often times I'll take them out to the car to listen to and they never make it back.

CDs are all I've really bought with my money since I've been about 15, so probably a few thousand if you could actually get them all in one place.

Digital ftw

I have a lot of duplicates in the Vinyl collection as it is spread across three homes and I got a large chunk of it by buying a closing record store's stock. I intended to sell off most of the duplicates but have not had time.

I really got into SACD there for a while and still get all of the Acoustic Sounds SACDs to keep the Emm Labs stack happy. I have a few duplicates but most I picked up used at Princeton Record Exchange as they have a large collections and sell them for good price due to lack of sales.

I voted 2000-5000 but am on the lower side of that range. About 2400 CDs/SACDs, 300 albums and 300 DVD/BluRay.

To this day, I have no idea what ever happened to the 1000+ albums that I collected in high school and college. They went into storage but never came out. I always thought my brother was behind it, but he swears he wasn't.

My CD collection is puny compared to most of you guys. I did a rough estimation and have about 330-340 CDs. Clearly I need to buy moar. :D

+ 0 SACDs and 1 DVD-A (the one included with Massive Attack's Collected). 2 LPs (from ChiUniFi 3). About 30-40 more LPs in storage that I got from my parents. (Not sure it's enough to fuel a purchase for a turntable as most of it is classical music.)