The Headcase Stax thread

thrice

I'm nitpicking, but Stax actually do call SR-007 "Omega II" under their product history section.

It's certainly not listed as the main title/model name, but it's definitely referenced by Stax:

Open air type Earspeaker : SR-007 (OMEGAII)

Specifications of SR-007 (OMEGA II) Electrostatic Earspeakers

[url=http://www.stax.co.jp/Japan/sr-007J.html]

My prediction for the new Omega price- Japan $3500 plus or minus couple hundred, USA around $4500. USD is pretty weak and I don't see it improving in a couple of weeks so the Japan price could be higher...

really? I was thinking more like $2000-2500. O2 replacement type territory. I guess they did just update the 02, I didn't consider that this could be a whole 'nother level.

I'll tell you what excites me, is that this one will fit my head, unlike the O2. won't fit my wallet, but maybe my head. :)

really? I was thinking more like $2000-2500. O2 replacement type territory. I guess they did just update the 02, I didn't consider that this could be a whole 'nother level.

I'll tell you what excites me, is that this one will fit my head, unlike the O2. won't fit my wallet, but maybe my head. :)

I guess I never saw it as an SR-007A replacement. It is hard to say since the Omega line has so few models whether Stax will replace or add the new Omega to the lineup.