Audeze LCD-2

swt61

While I like the rosewood better, I would buy the Rev2.2? if I was to get another pair. I really like the angled connectors. The plugs would bump into my shoulders when I turned my head to the side. The LCD-3 did not have that problem.

Today I received my LCD 2 rev 2.not bamboo

I'm listening right now to my LCD-2 rev 1 with my Stello DA100 > EF5 amp, and it's not sucking. However, I think I would like the slightly more open highs of the rev 2 more. Every time I listen to the LCD-2 and think that they remind me of the O2 Mk1, I then switch to my SR-007 I start to realize all over again that the LCD-2 don't have the detail, finesse and transparency of the Stax.

I definitely like the way this pair looks compared to the earlier pair. Congrat Dinny!

Thanks, Jim, I agree. The bamboo just doesn't do it for me. I like the cherry wood.

Do you like them with the Luxman? I find their bass quite more "proper" with the B22, but would like reading your thoughts smile.png

Antonio, I generally agree with your observation, but the Luxman combo has that fun, fat sound that can be satisfying, too. I'll be sure to post more as I get used to them.

Thanks, Jim, I agree. The bamboo just doesn't do it for me. I like the cherry wood.

Antonio, I generally agree with your observation, but the Luxman combo has that fun, fat sound that can be satisfying, too. I'll be sure to post more as I get used to them.

The Luxman P-1u sounds a lot like my EC ZDT, so I imagine you must be very happy with it.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like they've made some nice cosmetic improvements along the way. Like the new look headband as well. Don't know how new that is, but new relative to the one that's on my LCD-2 (version whatever the original version is called now).

Good to hear that The Monkey likes these! They're outstanding headphones, and don't become any less-so simply because other new shiny stuff has come out in the meantime.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi, just bought LCD2 (rev.2) and Schiit Lyr (JJ tubes). Great sound and everything!...apart from one thing - I would like the soundstage to be more spacious, to have more air.

The thing is especially apparent to me when listening to soundtracks like Dark Knight, Tron, Inception or some 'spacious' electronic music.

Is there a way to "increase" the soundstage of the LCD2s?

Different tubes for Lyr?

Appropriate DAC? (at the moment my source is just an iPod 5G classic, but it was used also as a source for my other headphones (e.g. Audio-Technica W5000) and I didn't notice any problem with the soundstage)