i'm on a roll... the kgsshv

kevin gilmore

Perhaps I'll just leave the boards loose... adds a bit of excitement each time I power up the amp... grin.gif

Edit. Yeah, tounge firmly in cheek since +/-500V are no laughing matter. Looking at the PSU PCB and I think it might even be prudent to use nylon standoffs if you plan on using the mounting holes in the center of the board. Those resistors are just a bit too close for my tastes...

Edited by spritzer

Seems to be an error of ommision.

I built my KGSSHV off of an older BOM by KG.

These days, there seems to be a lot of differing BOMs floating around for the rev8 psu.

FWIW, the Mouser part number for this cap on my rev3 BOM is: 647-UPS1H101MPD.

It is 3.5mm lead spacing and low ESR. (better!)

I am starting to build the kgsshv and am atm searching for parts trying to figure out where to get the transistors. Mouser doesn't sell the ixis parts to europe and bdent has a 100$ shipping charge which is absurd for ordering 100$ worth of transistors. Do you know of any source for these either in europe or in the US which doesn't ask for the absurd shipping fees?

I am starting to build the kgsshv and am atm searching for parts trying to figure out where to get the transistors. Mouser doesn't sell the ixis parts to europe and bdent has a 100$ shipping charge which is absurd for ordering 100$ worth of transistors. Do you know of any source for these either in europe or in the US which doesn't ask for the absurd shipping fees?

Future electronics.

Just got my transformers from sumR. It was spec as follows:

100VA / Dual 117V primary ( 2 x 117V)

2 x 450V (@125mA output/ each secondary).

1 x 30VCT (15V-0-15V) 10VA secondary Core band Static shields

Decided to measure the secondaries. Got 490v x 2 and 36vct. This is about 20percent above spec. Is this normal? Getting all the others parts together now. Local shop is helping me with that and might be able to save on some shipping costs. The sumR transformer shipping costs to Singapore was more than the costs of the transformer.