Holy Crap! The New Stax Omega Looks fierce! (Stax SR-009)

Jon L

I got an email from Todd not too long ago that implied he was restructuring his business' presence and not accepting new orders at the moment. If we tried to negotiate something with him I think the point of contact should be someone he knows well.

This struck me as kind of odd, especially that part about "restructuring his business' presence" so I just gave Todd a call and actually have him on the phone right now.

What he said is that he's presently restructuring his website (a brand new one is coming soon) and that this has been a terribly time consuming process, as in getting up at 5am every morning, etc. But just to be clear, "It's all business as usual at TTJV, and actually it's getting a lot better... with over 100 new products coming on to the new site that weren't on the old site," yada yada.

This struck me as kind of odd, especially that part about "restructuring his business' presence" so I just gave Todd a call and actually have him on the phone right now.

What he said is that he's presently restructuring his website (a brand new one is coming soon) and that this has been a terribly time consuming process, as in getting up at 5am every morning, etc. But just to be clear, "It's all business as usual at TTJV, and actually it's getting a lot better... with over 100 new products coming on to the new site that weren't on the old site," yada yada.

And out of those new 100 products, one is the new Stax Omegatron! >:D

That's a pretty low price before fees and shipping.

Edit: It does say on the top of the website we export based on the lowest price in Japan, which they list in the ad, and that is 349,000 yen. I think that 309,000 price is wrong.

Edited by blubliss

Yeah, I'm also confused about the price....does this mean that they is a sort of pre-order price applied? Also, what if the lowest price goes up / down by the time they ship the headphones? Do they charge you the higher or lower amount? Either way, thats a pretty damn good price!

Edited by monsieurguzel

Update:

I currently have an offer from a reputable US dealer (2 year warranty advertised).

Price: $4500 plus shipping to you (unless you are in Los Angeles or can pick them up here)

We would need to commit to buy 8 sets by 6 p.m. EST tomorrow, March 31. (I am guessing the deadline is because they need to place the order so the shipment can get here for the release date)

So, this is where the rubber meets the road. I can handle the money transfer, if and only if, 8 people commit to the buy.

Who's in?

I'm in, though, tbh, I would like to give Todd my business provided he could match the price, but word is still not in on that, eh?

Also, I go to Nicaragua this Friday and return late on Saturday 9th. I won't be using a pc during my vacationing there, so unless we do it this time, I'm either out of a group buy or hopefully nothing happens till I come back...

Edited by screaming oranges

I have told Todd about the latest development but he just may not be able to do anything too quickly. If he can match or beat the price and is able to arrange it soon, then Andy and I would like to give Todd the sale. Also, if we cannot get all 8 people committed by tomorrow, then we cannot take advantage of the current offer.

I have told Todd about the latest development but he just may not be able to do anything too quickly. If he can match or beat the price and is able to arrange it soon, then Andy and I would like to give Todd the sale. Also, if we cannot get all 8 people committed by tomorrow, then we cannot take advantage of the current offer.

So Todd also has a similar deadline of tomorrow for the pre-order price benefit?

Ok, so here's a little twist on SR-009 pricing. I contacted PriceJapan regarding their current price of 309,800 and it is correct. Here is what their response to me was:

"Thanks for inquiry.

We are not allowed to disclose the price source of 309800 Yen, sorry.

After you pay $1000 deposit, you will be asked to pay the rest when we get your SR-007 (before shipping).

Kaneda

www.pricejapan.com"

I'm guessing that they might be getting it straight from Stax possibly? Anyhow, this brings the shipped price to the US (DHL) to $4,171.