Holy Crap! The New Stax Omega Looks fierce! (Stax SR-009)

Jon L

I'm so in but retarded restrictions on moving money out of the country delayed the wire until Monday. <_<

As for whole "how loud they sound" means nothing as pretty much any of the Stax amps will make the SR-007 or SR-Omega shockingly loud. Sensitivity is just that, how loud they will be at 100V RMS but it says nothing about how the amp handles the load. Remember people, the voltage is the easy bit...

And I'll have to make do with my lowly BHSE B)

On a side note, it's pretty funny how some folks on the other side of the fence think that the SR-009 won't need anything more than a stock 727 since you don't have to turn the volume knob as high as with the O2... Somehow headphone amplification has become all about how loud you can play something.

If you want to have a chuckle, read this description of RSA's new amp:

http://www.raysamuelsaudio.com/

I particularly like this quote " You can literary make your HE-6s sound like a speaker from a distant of 12 feet or more" :o

i like how when an amp with a lot of power comes out everyone says "Good, more power sounds great"

And when an amp that can only swing 1Vrms comes out they say "We dont really need much power, it's the quality that counts"

So when you say...

Somehow headphone amplification has become all about how loud you can play something.

Just wait until something really weak comes out and see all those people change their mind. That's all this is.

Holy crap, looks like STAX must have really cranked a lot - relatively - for its first production run.

I'll be trying them out of the SRM-323 (hopefully it will be OK) until by BHSE arrives.

Haha Marv, you're part of the group buy too? In the end, the LCD-2s left me longing for more so I can't help but continue to pursue audio nirvana! :)

Couldn't you theoretically daisy chain a bunch of T2s to power each speaker channel? ;) Now that would be an outrageous setup!

Probably not as crazy as this setup though ;)

810_Ultimate_layout_810.jpg

"The system, containing 4 separate dipole Subwoofers, (seen in the middle), made from a total of 40pcs of 15" woofers, followed by 1 dipole panel per channel, each containing 24pcs of 8" units, in turn followed by 2 full MF ribbon dipoles per channel plus one HF panel per channel, containing a total of 68 meters of true ribbons, has a sensitivity of +100dB/1W/1meter and can continUously handle 15500W with +3dB headroom. A total of 31000 Watts, equaling 146dB SPL. The system comes complete with its own power amplifiers to match."

Edited by monsieurguzel

The whole 17 thing is because my birthday is November 17. Hence why I was surprised and delighted that the BHSE turned out to be that number without me asking for it.

And yes, I would really REALLY like that check. Heh.

Well, I'm off to pack for my trip. Great going-away present here! Thanks to all of you for making it possible.

Haha Marv, you're part of the group buy too? In the end, the LCD-2s left me longing for more so I can't help but continue to pursue audio nirvana! :)

Yeah. I was trying to avoid this thread on purpose but jumped in on the group buy at the last minute. With all the money Japan is pulling in from the States & Uncle Sam printing dollars, the exchange rate isn't getting any better.

Edited by purrin

I'm really busy and I've been out of this thread -and most of the site- for a few days. It will have to be like this for the next 10 days :( Congrats for the great deal to all purchasers. I should have been in. Oh well, I'll have to live with a vicarious experience. I wish you get those 009 soon.

Yeah. I was trying to avoid this thread on purpose but jumped in on the group buy at the last minute. With all the money Japan is pulling in from the States & Uncle Sam printing dollars, the exchange rate isn't getting any better.

Yeah, it was a really tough decision on my part whether or not to wait for the exchange rate to get better. But i'm also in the opinion that the dollar isn't going to be getting substantially better in the next few months.

The whole 17 thing is because my birthday is November 17. Hence why I was surprised and delighted that the BHSE turned out to be that number without me asking for it.

And yes, I would really REALLY like that check. Heh.

Well, I'm off to pack for my trip. Great going-away present here! Thanks to all of you for making it possible.

You told me it was because you only date 17 y.o. boys. What up?