Holy Crap! The New Stax Omega Looks fierce! (Stax SR-009)

Jon L

Thanks Andy. I will call Jack Wu and Todd and see if they would be interested in matching or beating those prices. Todd doesn't advertise Stax any more, so I am not sure of his status with them. I will post something up.

Great Al, the place i am trying to get 15% from is needle doctor.

Thanks for all your hard work Blubliss...4750 does seem more reasonable that 5250 from Jack Woo at the moment...plus it helps that it is from a U.S. distributor in case of defects (not that is means much considering Yama's inc is useless). I'm curious how much lower we could get them as a group buy from a Japanese distributor...

No luck with PriceJapan...here's what they wrote:

"Thanks for inquiry.

Because our fee is too thin, we are keeping ONE PRICE policy for any customer.

NO discount request will be accepted, sorry.

We have not been notifified about SR-009 price.

We will list SR-009 when we get its dealer price.

Kaneda

www.pricejapan.com"

i would GUESS that dealer price is around 3700, in the U.S. but that guess comes from old information

ok, i think the exchange rate was about 20% different at that time. so, that could be a factor -- either in higher U.S. MSRPs, or smaller dealer margins

I am still waiting for NeedleDoctor to respond too, but it would be nice to give the business to Todd. I wonder if waiting we miss out on the first shipment, which may be a consideration? I am inclined to wait a bit since our only offer is $4725 from Elusive Disc.

What do others think?

Edited by blubliss

Todd is willing to work on the group buy but he is not going to be able to work out the details and figure what he can do for another 7-10 days. That may be too long for people, so let me know. How many people do we have who are actually going to do this?

I can wait if the price is really interesting. As a matter of fact I will wait nonetheless :lol: