Holy Crap! The New Stax Omega Looks fierce! (Stax SR-009)

Jon L

The only reason why I am able to do this is not because I am rich but because about three weeks ago I got a $5K bonus for the macro programs that I wrote (supposedly because I take initiative and like helping out the team.... real reason is I was bored and am a lazy person who likes to simplify tedious crap).

To be honest, I wouldn't want to pay more than $4500.00, though.

Actually, part of that "only" reason is also because I have a BHSE. If I didn't have this amp I wouldn't go for the new cans.

Edited by screaming oranges

Isn't the general threshold for some kind of saving usually 5 or 10 orders for most parts?

i think that really depends on the industry. audio dealers don't like to have any inventory. it's not like anyone will be sitting on a pile of SR-009 trying to recoup overhead

The price for the group buy in Thailand is $4200 per set. I confirmed this with a gentlemen who is part of the group buy. I still can't believe 10 people in Thailand wants to be in on this. One member actually ordered two!! I will let you guy try this out first and maybe...only maybe, I'll get one at the end of this year or early next year. I need an amp to drive Stax headphones.

Edited by purk

As long as silver continues to kick ass, I will probably be pickup up a pair this year, wherever the price may be.

I definitely am waiting till someone like Elusive Disc gets them, though.

I had better see about getting an amp soon.

I've been out of audio to goddamn long.

Edited by aardvark baguette

All right, doing group buy research today and best price so far from Elusive Disc is $4725 shipped to me (so you would need to add shipping to you to this price). That is 10% off retail with shipping to me thrown in. I guess Stax recently raised prices for these guys so their margins are very thin.

I am trying to get 15% from another US dealer, we'll see.

The $4725 is looking pretty good to me and we only need 7.

What do those interested think?

All right, doing group buy research today and best price so far from Elusive Disc is $4725 shipped to me (so you would need to add shipping to you to this price). That is 10% off retail with shipping to me thrown in. I guess Stax recently raised prices for these guys so their margins are very thin.

Thanks Andy. I will call Jack Wu and Todd and see if they would be interested in matching or beating those prices. Todd doesn't advertise Stax any more, so I am not sure of his status with them. I will post something up.

Thanks for the leg work Andy. I am going to have to bow out.