Holy Crap! The New Stax Omega Looks fierce! (Stax SR-009)

Jon L

Yeah, didn't think about taxes coming into the US. I've never had to pay taxes before importing stuff....do they only charge you if it's of $1000?

When you do add it all up, it does seem like it will be very hard for overseas distributors to compete with the $4500 group price from Elusivedisc. I'm still in.

Now if only someone in LA could lend me an unused SRD-7 or other random crappy amp while I wait for my BHSE to arrive ;)

Edited by monsieurguzel

www.pricejapan.com"

I'm guessing that they might be getting it straight from Stax possibly? Anyhow, this brings the shipped price to the US (DHL) to $4,171.

$4171 shipped is much better than $4500 + shipping.

Anybody actually want to go with PriceJapan ?

Last response from PriceJapan regarding shipping insurance and taxes:

"Q. My one last question is do you think I will have to pay import tax coming into USA for these headphones?

A. Probably 95% not, because we usually declare its value as low as US$200.

Q. Also, if the headphones get shipped through DHL, are they insured automatically?

A. It is automatically covered by shipping insurance company in Japan. ( not by DHL )

You can claim for shipping insurance, only when its shipment is missing or arrived damaged. ( Malfunction will be covered by warranty in Japan, not by shipping insurance.)

Kaneda

www.pricejapan.com"

Last response from PriceJapan regarding shipping insurance and taxes:

"Q. My one last question is do you think I will have to pay import tax coming into USA for these headphones?

A. Probably 95% not, because we usually declare its value as low as US$200.

Q. Also, if the headphones get shipped through DHL, are they insured automatically?

A. It is automatically covered by shipping insurance company in Japan. ( not by DHL )

You can claim for shipping insurance, only when its shipment is missing or arrived damaged. ( Malfunction will be covered by warranty in Japan, not by shipping insurance.)

Kaneda

www.pricejapan.com"

I'm not sure I agree with that. If the item is insured for full value (insurance amount is written on the courier form), customs will get suspicious when they see it as declared for only $200.

Huh, did you even read the previous page. No worries, you're out for sure, I'm not fronting money for dipshits.

ast is not a dipshit as a rule and I am not sure how closely he has followed this thread. You don't need to front for him if you dont want to, of course, and from what you've said we don't have a deal with 6 or 7 in any event.

Maybe others are comfortable with overseas purchases but for this amount and first gen SOTA equipment I want a US dealer and a warranty doesn't hurt.

I'm in on your buy, if you'll have me. I was #3 in line for pricejapan, but you make a very good case against them, insofar as $100 extra sure is a lot more comfortable for a domestic warranty + no shady shipping practices

same username on that other site, yall know i'm good for it

Edited by El_Doug

ast is not a dipshit as a rule and I am not sure how closely he has followed this thread. You don't need to front for him if you dont want to, of course, and from what you've said we don't have a deal with 6 or 7 in any event.

Maybe others are comfortable with overseas purchases but for this amount and first gen SOTA equipment I want a US dealer and a warranty doesn't hurt.

Well, it irked me that we had been discussing the PJ deal, and trying to get the 8 together, then ast chimes in as if he has read nothing. And then saying, "anyone else for PJ" was a bit disrespectful. We are trying to get a group buy together and this seems to be quite a good deal, then someone throws a wrench in, hey we can save a few bucks this way.

Sure, you would probably save $100-$200 at PJ but I am of the same mind as you about using a US dealer.

We are still waiting to hear from Todd, but it does seem we have 7 so far if we include El Doug. I thought WMcmanus wanted in but maybe he is waiting to hear about Todd?

Anyway, even if we have 7 they may still move forward. If you want to vouch for ast and he wants in, fine by me.

I definitely get it, Andy, but it is also true that others were putting PJ forward as an option.

ast, if you want to use PJ then that is fine but I will certainly vouch for you if you want to go with this group. Just let us know.

I will PM Wayne to figure out what his story is.

Edited by Voltron

Well, it irked me that we had been discussing the PJ deal, and trying to get the 8 together, then ast chimes in as if he has read nothing. And then saying, "anyone else for PJ" was a bit disrespectful. We are trying to get a group buy together and this seems to be quite a good deal, then someone throws a wrench in, hey we can save a few bucks this way.

Sure, you would probably save $100-$200 at PJ but I am of the same mind as you about using a US dealer.

We are still waiting to hear from Todd, but it does seem we have 7 so far if we include El Doug. I thought WMcmanus wanted in but maybe he is waiting to hear about Todd?

Anyway, even if we have 7 they may still move forward. If you want to vouch for ast and he wants in, fine by me.

I tried to refrain myself to respond your insult. I have an emergency at work and worked until 11:30pm today and only glanced this thread. I was not going for PJ but just asking if this is a better option that this group buy want to go with. If people here, after thorough research, decided that this 4500 deal is better overall, I will be more than happy to join. Just that I don't have time to compare the deals.

I definitely get it, Andy, but it is also true that others were putting PJ forward as an option.

ast, if you want to use PJ then that is fine but I will certainly vouch for you if you want to go with this group. Just let us know.

I will PM Wayne to figure out what his story is.

hey Al, really appreciate it. I will go buy 009 no matter what. Like I said I have no intention/plan to go for PJ, just asking if everybody here think it is a better alternative.

Please let me know I will join with you to whatever group buy you figure is the best. Hope to see you in next meet!