What are you drinking now, pt 2.

morphsci

Wow the Willett was surprisingly tasty. Of course I was three sheets to the wind by that time. Must sample again with greater sobriety.

Now a pair of Rosalind Russells, one with Cocchi Americano and one with Lillet Blanc.

IMG_0194.jpg

News at 11.

Baited breath.

Moar of 'dis-

309110.gif

Google innernetz says it can be had for $40, I paid $75 and was glad to get it. If you can score some for $40 bonze I would pick up some that is if you like Napa Cabernets. If you can rack it for a year, you will be one very happy camper I think.

Edited by Augsburger

Well both of the RRs were sweeter than the one with Dubonnet Blanc. So less Martini-like. The Lillet Blanc was actually less sweet and had less bite. The Cocchi was sweeter but had a nicer bite. I preferred the Cocchi and Karen preferred the Lillet so that worked out. Her final appraisal was that the Veper is better. I concur.

Decided to revisit a little Willett as an aperitif.

IMG_0195.jpg

Edited by morphsci

It is my understanding that Zins go well with Chinese food -- worth trying, if nothing else. Even the cheesy names (7 Deadly Zins, etc.) are supposed to be pretty good.

Me: Bashah

Earlier: Gordon Biersch alt, and a sip of their Maibock, a couple glasses of wine with lunch.

Since I don't eat Chinese food, I cannot help you much there but I love Zin and pizza.

You might want to look for Seghesio Zin 2009, it is supposed to be good but I haven't tried it yet. I have had some really nice Zins from Ridge so you may want to look into that.

I have had some with cheesy names that were good but they all sound alike to me so I cannot remember which ones I liked and which ones I did not like.

A good time was had with Bryan and Allison. Fish & Chips, half a chicken for Debbie, veggie pizza for the youngsters. Shark Pants, Schlafly barrel aged imperial stout, Evil Power, Kasteel Rouge amongst the beers consumed. Great times with great friends.

That sounds awesome Mike. I could use a Kasteel Rouge about now.

Have to make due with a pair of Vespers (only one or me) with Blackwoods, Luksosowa and Cocchi Americano. I think this is now my favorite gin cocktail. Though I think I will give a Plymouth aviation a try later. For purely scientific purposes.

Edited by morphsci