What are you drinking now, pt 2.

morphsci

Pepsi Max with honey whiskey. I call it a nasty honey badger. Just craazy.

You beat a well known cocktail blogger to the punch by one day!

Alcademics

"Honey badger shot

I've been thinking for a while now that the hilarious Honey Badger video, and the honey badger itself, should be honored with a cocktail or a shot.

So I created one.

The Honey Badger

by Camper English

1 part Laphraoig single-malt scotch whisky

1 part Wild Turkey American Honey

Add scotch then honey liqueur to a shot glass. Say "Honey badger don't care," then down the shot.

The drink is sweet coming in, but nice and smoky on the finish. It's kind of delicious."

But others beat you to the punch:

Through the Liquor Glass

"Honey Badger

2 oz Ransom Old Tom Gin

3/4 oz Koval Chrysanthemum honey liqueur

3/4 oz Charteuse

Shake and strain into chilled rocks glass. Garnish with lemon peel.

Note: This is a boozy drink for the fearless!"

Some loser FB page

"The Honey Badger Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Honey, Tuaca, and sour mix topped off with Sprite!"

That last one sounds the most nasty-ass. :dinny:

Edited by Voltron

Honey Badger

2 oz Ransom Old Tom Gin

3/4 oz Koval Chrysanthemum honey liqueur

3/4 oz Charteuse

Shake and strain into chilled rocks glass. Garnish with lemon peel.

I didn't have the Koval but I do have Xtabentun, an herbal honey liqueur that I bought in Mexico years ago and never tried until now. Not bad and it does add some honey overtone to the chartreuse and old Tom. Regardless, this drink don't give a shit!

18056ae2-5f47-bb81.jpg

Edited by Voltron

Tried the Funky Llama malbec last night, a cheap ($6/bottle) malbec. If you set your expectations on "cheap malbec", you will be pleasantly surprised -- I was. It's not as full-bodied (or even as dark or purple) as other malbecs I've had, but flavor-wise, it didn't err offensively in any direction -- I would say it was less on the fruity side of the fruity/earthy scale than the Bodega Norton non-reserva...yet still fruity. So yeah, will probably get another bottle to share with my sister and her friends on Sunday. If she still drinks wine.

Bain's Cape Mountain Whisky.

It would be hard to review this spirit without the use of at least some phrases like "cheap", "local" and "extremely intoxicating", so I won't try.

"Cheap", "local" and "extremely intoxicating" reminds me of my last date... :sherwood:

Umm, you're doing it wrong!

I'm going to get a little closer to the proper celebration by hitting City Beer to try Lagunitas' new brew called The Waldos Special Ale, which is being tapped at 4:20 exactly:

Reasons to swing by City Beer to taste this concoction:

1.) We are the first folks in San Francisco to tap this hoppy nectar.

2.) When a hoppy beer of this caliber is tapped at exactly 4:20pm, you have a responsibility to indulge.

3.) Drink one for me, because Baby W. is taking a pass.

4.) If the top three reasons don't satisfy your desire to sip on Waldos' Special today, read the passage below from the mouth of the brewery.

The legend: "In 1971, the Waldos met one afternoon at 4:20 in the front courtyard of their school near the statue of Louis Pasteur. They set out in a '66 Impala armed with a "treasure map" on a journey to find a secret garden near Point Reyes. They met there at the same time every day and continued their quest. They never found the secret garden.....but they keep lookin'. The dankest and hoppiest beer ever brewed at Lagunitas was made with the help of the Waldos for all treasure hunters."

I'm going to get a little closer to the proper celebration by hitting City Beer to try Lagunitas' new brew called The Waldos Special Ale, which is being tapped at 4:20 exactly:

Reasons to swing by City Beer to taste this concoction:

1.) We are the first folks in San Francisco to tap this hoppy nectar.

2.) When a hoppy beer of this caliber is tapped at exactly 4:20pm, you have a responsibility to indulge.

3.) Drink one for me, because Baby W. is taking a pass.

4.) If the top three reasons don't satisfy your desire to sip on Waldos' Special today, read the passage below from the mouth of the brewery.

The legend: "In 1971, the Waldos met one afternoon at 4:20 in the front courtyard of their school near the statue of Louis Pasteur. They set out in a '66 Impala armed with a "treasure map" on a journey to find a secret garden near Point Reyes. They met there at the same time every day and continued their quest. They never found the secret garden.....but they keep lookin'. The dankest and hoppiest beer ever brewed at Lagunitas was made with the help of the Waldos for all treasure hunters."

Sounds like a fitting way to drink to 4-20 Al! As for me, I will be celebrating the right way as Matt has suggested :)