What are you drinking now, pt 2.

morphsci

Nice Marc! I will likely be mixing one up later. The yellow chartreuse has a different flavor than the green. Unexpected this is.

Now the Bensonhurst

2 oz rye whiskey

1 oz dry vermouth

2 tsp Maraschino liqueur

1 tsp Cynar

Stir with ice and strain in to a cocktail glass.

IMG_0162.jpg

I'll be sure to stick with the Reserva. I have about 6 more bottles so I am set (for at least the next week ;) ).
It was worth trying. I have a feeling it's that whole "letting it breathe" and "patience" thing again, because my biggest complaint with it is that it was that alcohol burn -- which, although I enjoy, is masking the flavors of the wine.

Bought the Nuance -- didn't seem to make much of a difference. Still felt the burn/"hot". Going to try the Soirée, and possibly the individual decanters, but I really don't know how I'm going to get that to work. I don't really feel comfortable pouring myself a glass before work so that I can drink it after work. I might be able to get away with 2.5 hours on particular nights, but not with any regularity. Will probably stick with non-hot wines during the week, and only drink the ones that need decanting on the weekend. Or something.

Local Oxfordshire brew called Dr Hexter's Healer. And very good too, being chased by an unholy amount of sherry, looking forward to some Australian red with the lamb - and I'll see where I get to from there later on. Could be liqueuer of some description or a single malt. Or both :blink:

2004 Ojai Roll Ranch syrah -- I don't think we decanted it long enough, it was still "hot", but I'm beginning to be able to taste something underneath all that alcohol burn, so maybe I can get used to it. I seem to think it was even better than the 2007 Ojai Santa Barbara syrah.

Maybe I'll skip the Soiree and go straight to the individual decanters. Or maybe just hold onto the syrahses. shirazes. syrahs. Or maybe just stick with malbecses. Stuff I can drink straight from the bottle. Well not straight from the bottle, but ...you know what I mean. Why are we even arguing about this?

Fox River Cocktail (Savoy)

4 Dashes Peach Bitters. (1 tsp Fee’s Cherry Bitters)

1 Lump of ice.

1/4 Crème de Cacao. (1/2 oz)

3/4 Canadian Club Whisky. (1 1/2 oz)

Use wineglass and squeeze lemon peel on top. (I stirred and strained with no lemon)

4ac15198-d64a-2025.jpg

Didn't have peach bitters, but this one tastes almost exactly like Cola. Tasty!

Edited by luvdunhill

That is fucked up Al!

It has been a tough week, but it time for me to get my priorities straight so it is back to Anvil.

Japanese

2 ounces cognac

1/2 ounce orgeat syrup (sub almond syrup)

3 dashes aromatic bitters

Pretty nice but I may have put a little too much bitters.

Jy448.jpg

One of these.