May 7, 201313 yr comment_575065 Abbey Lincoln - That's Him (1957) Where the hell has been this album all my life Report
May 7, 201313 yr comment_575159 Must have been right behind this one on in your rack... Abbey Lincoln - 1958 - Abbey Is Blue Report
May 8, 201313 yr comment_575218 Tom Zé | Brazil Classics 4 OK, I'm starting to understand heterosexuality better now! That should come with a warning! Report
May 9, 201313 yr comment_575512 A bunch of big band from KCEA. Lyrics are like whispers from an alien planet. Report
May 9, 201313 yr comment_575549 tasty prog and OSI in particular -- one of those albums in the middle -- I forget which one, Blood or Free -- is kind of disjoint, it goes back and forth between Fates-Warning-esque guitar-driven tracks and Kevin-Moore synth-driven tracks. But that's not to say that it isn't still worth getting -- I like all four albums. But that first one and the most recent one (Fire Make Thunder) are the two best, IIRC. I should listen to all four at once, just to remind myself. Me: new Sharon Jones single, "Retreat!" on SoundCloud -- superb as always. I really need to see her live. Report
May 9, 201313 yr comment_575641 Songs in the Key of Life -- unlimited edition -- still pretty brilliant, I really need to listen to Stevie more. Dude understands everything I love about music -- melody, groove, jamming, he even experimented with some unorthodox elements in his music. Report
May 9, 201313 yr comment_575648 good? Pretty good, but I'm kind of Redman's fan, so take it with a grain of salt. Report
May 13, 201313 yr comment_576297 I could not figure out what to listen to today, so I listened to some Funkadelic, Stevie Wonder, Motown, Robert Randolph & co., and Rock Candy Funk Party -- I'm really digging this album, We Want Grooove. Report
May 13, 201313 yr comment_576402 Daft Punk - Random Access Memories Enjoying it a fair bit. Edited May 14, 201313 yr by Nebby Report
May 14, 201313 yr comment_576611 Joe Satriani - Unstoppable Momentum I'm liking this one. Its sounds like his earlier stuff. He keeps it simple, genuine and amiable. Report
May 14, 201313 yr comment_576621 The Vincent Black Shadow -- RIYL: Garbage, Jakalope, Guano Apes, and, to a lesser extent, No Doubt (mostly just her voice) Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.