September 12, 201313 yr comment_598825 ... the new Goldfrapp. This was not at all what I expected. Do like though. Report
September 12, 201313 yr comment_598827 To my ears, Story of Us = mix of Felt Mountain and Seventh Tree I've seen some not-so-positive reviews, but I enjoyed it quite a bit. Report
September 12, 201313 yr comment_598828 It's a bit of a leap from Supernature, innit? I do like it, though. They've got the whole Rat Pack era crooner thing locked up pretty tightly. Time to revisit Felt Mountain and Seventh Tree. Report
September 12, 201313 yr comment_598836 I just meant it was different. I don't think I could rank one over the other -- when I'm in the mood for synthpop, this one won't cut it, and vice versa. Report
September 13, 201313 yr comment_598864 A Storm of Light, Nations to Flames, full album stream -- RIYL Land/Mind -era Ministry Report
September 13, 201313 yr comment_598893 Fuck that was good. Completely over-produced deliciously. Now: Goldfrapp, Felt Mountain -- thanks for keying me in, Ian, for some reason I thought it was a recent trend, but it seems like they do this every couple albums, neh? Almost every other album, but they skipped one between Black Cherry and Supernature. Report
September 14, 201313 yr comment_599035 Goldfrapp, Seventh Tree -- I think I'm about to go on a the-other-side-of-Goldfrapp binge (the more synthpoppy side). Oh, and in the car: Karnivool, Asymmetry Report
September 14, 201313 yr comment_599062 First vinyl in a while. Some Hot Club Yerba Buena Bounce. Edited September 14, 201313 yr by blessingx Report
September 15, 201313 yr comment_599194 Placebo, Loud Like Love -- special full album stream preview. EDIT: This is so great. Nothing gets me going like some good, hooky rock. Hard pop. Whatever you want to call it. Couple ballads thrown in ("Hold on to Me", "Bosco"). Report
September 15, 201313 yr comment_599241 I'm loving the new Neko Case, and a little less so the new Goldfrapp (but still enjoying it a lot). For me: Death. Fun raw pre-punk punk Report
September 15, 201313 yr comment_599268 Ric ^ Standard or Deluxe ? ; She's playing in SF (sold out ) Report
September 15, 201313 yr comment_599274 Deluxe, of course! First time hearing actually. Great. Thanks Al for turning me on to this release. Edited September 15, 201313 yr by blessingx Report
September 16, 201313 yr comment_599349 a new song by the Gathering -- it's really pretty I gotta say, and I know this is heresy, but I do not miss Anneke's departure one bit. Silje is every bit as good as her. Songs like "Heroes For Ghosts" and "I Can See Four Miles" can go toe to toe with anything Anneke has done. The band's material got to be a bit boring post HTMAP?, and Silje was just the shot in the arm they needed. That and Anneke's solo stuff just isn't that good Edited September 16, 201313 yr by roadtonowhere08 Report
September 16, 201313 yr comment_599357 Not so much heresy as ... wrong. I'll have to disagree that if_then_else or Black Light District were anything other than top form for them. But I really like the post-Anneke stuff quite a bit, too, and continue to buy their stuff blindly without disappointment. That "that said" said, I think "Afterwords" and "Echoes Keep Growing" are even better -- two of the best things I've heard from them in years, and really look forward to the new album. Report
September 16, 201313 yr comment_599373 Perhaps the word "boring" was a bit hasty, as I do very much like Black Light District and a few songs from if_then_else, so you have a point there. This new album will definitely be a day one purchase for me as well. They are ridiculously consistent compared to just about any other band these days. I cannot think of any other band that I like that are still in top form and have so many albums under their belt... especially after replacing their star singer. That's pretty much unheard of. Edited September 16, 201313 yr by roadtonowhere08 Report
September 16, 201313 yr comment_599379 Mazzy Star, Seasons of Your Day -- first listen on NPR -- first album in 17 years!?!? I think they out MBV'd MBV. Report
September 16, 201313 yr comment_599382 Chvrches, The Bones of What You Believe -- another NPR first listen Report
September 16, 201313 yr comment_599395 Mazzy Star, Seasons of Your Day -- first listen on NPR -- first album in 17 years!?!? I think they out MBV'd MBV. Chvrches, The Bones of What You Believe -- another NPR first listen Two I've really been looking forward to... I love the Chvrches EP and can't wait for their full-length. I've been really enjoying Chealsea Wolfe. Apokalypsis had only gotten casual listens on Spotify, but this is not really music that lends itself to casual listening. I've been able to dive into her newest, Pain is Beauty a little more and really, really like it. Not what one would call uplifting, but it is absolutely stunning. I'm going all in this morning... Apokalypsis Pain is Beauty Report
September 17, 201313 yr comment_599522 New Dream Theater full album stream On deck: Au Revoire Simone full album stream Eez a good couple of days for full album streams. I'm not even listing all the ones I'm listening to, just the highlights. Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.