August 30, 201313 yr comment_596955 ^^ Approve! Me, very shortly... Neko Case - The Worse Things Get, The Harder I Fight, The Harder I Fight, The More I Love You Report
August 31, 201313 yr comment_596986 "Disco" - Pet Shop Boys A Goodwill find in vinyl. Shep Pettibone's extra-long remixes of "Love Comes Quickly" and "West End Girls" are sublime. Takes me back. Way back. Report
September 1, 201313 yr comment_597224 While watching the Real Madrid - Athletic de Bilbao (real)football match, listening to Dave Douglas Quintet - Live at the Jazz Standard [12-set] at Douglas website Considering if purchasing the whole package at $100. I'm ending track 12, which I'm afraid is as far as one can listen. Report
September 1, 201313 yr comment_597290 Haken, The Mountain -- full preview stream -- great proggy prog! Report
September 4, 201313 yr Author comment_597781 Just realizing that Neko does a cover of Robyn Hitchcock's Madonna of the Wasps, which is really quite cool. Report
September 5, 201313 yr comment_597859 Just realizing that Neko does a cover of Robyn Hitchcock's Madonna of the Wasps, which is really quite cool. The album on the whole is great. It's been in heavy rotation since they accidentally shipped it to me in advance of the official launch last week. I can't imagine anyone who was a fan before being disappointed. Report
September 9, 201313 yr comment_598345 Thanks to NPR, I'm listening to the new Elvis Costello "and the Roots" album, called Wise Up. Must say I'm quite impressed with the ever expandable talents of the ole boy. It's kind of funky and definitely fun. Just placed my order at Amazon. http://www.npr.org/2013/09/08/219316721/first-listen-elvis-costello-the-roots-wise-up-ghost?sc=fb&cc=fmp Report
September 9, 201313 yr comment_598348 Sorry, the album is called "Wise Up Ghost" -- just got to the title track and while it's listenable, it's probably my least favorite on the album. Report
September 9, 201313 yr comment_598398 Mark Knopfler's new album "Privateering" is available for a first listen here:http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2013/09/04/mark-knopfler-blends-british-folk-american-blues-on-privateering-album-premiere/ Report
September 11, 201313 yr comment_598632 Tangram, Lustbient -- great synthesizer instrumental music a la Tangerine Dream during their golden period. Report
September 12, 201313 yr Author comment_598750 ^True dat! I checked out the new discs by Trombone Shorty and Goldfrapp today. Two thumbs up. Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.