September 30, 201312 yr comment_601719 random disc out of my heifetz box set. haven't actually sat and listened to music in a while. its nice. Report
September 30, 201312 yr Author comment_601730 Out of curiosity, Voltron, as a fellow Bay Area resident have you ever been to the Church of St. Coltrane? Nope Report
September 30, 201312 yr comment_601742 ^ Potential mini-meet opportunity? They do have a website but it just has the same "upcoming events" over and over again so I have no idea. http://www.coltranechurch.org/ Report
October 1, 201312 yr comment_601749 But he has visited the sister churches of Yoshi's and SF Jazz. Me: new GvsB! The Ghost List EP Report
October 1, 201312 yr comment_601902 SPC ECO, Sirens and Satellites again online streaming link Report
October 1, 201312 yr comment_601969 Never heard of her until today. Currently listening to Philharmonics. Very refreshing. Agnes Obel - Aventine Report
October 2, 201312 yr comment_602034 Lorde was first (did you know she was only 16?) -- definitely like her hiptronica-tinged take on Fiona Apple-esque singer-songwriting alto... Then started Fates Warning, but taking a detour through Rush, will then return to Fates Warning... Report
October 2, 201312 yr comment_602156 ^^ didn't notice that until now.. but ... Slash - 2012 - Apocalyptic Love I have always liked his guitar sound... Report
October 3, 201312 yr comment_602234 Listened to the new Fates Warning -- Dusty like! Not enough clean vocals + rawk in the world (this being exactly that). Too bad the closest they are touring is Reading, PA. Now listening to Omar Rodriguez Lopez, Un Escorpion Perfumado -- so great Report
October 3, 201312 yr comment_602257 Katatonia, Dethroned & Uncrowned -- very different, their take on a "soft album" (e.g., Damnation) Report
October 3, 201312 yr comment_602275 Agnes Obel - Aventine Thanks... This was excellent! As is this:Lorde - Pure Heroin Report
October 4, 201312 yr comment_602412 Pete Namlook tribute album fan submissions -- I didn't make the final cut on the physical release, but they need a certain amount of pre-orders before they'll master it for a digital release....mine is "larzotog", easily the shortest of the bunch. Report
October 4, 201312 yr comment_602413 John Wizards -- S/T Check this one out. Think some of you would really like it. Report
October 4, 201312 yr comment_602441 Listening now -- I already like the first several seconds. EDIT: It's a bit 'happier' than I'm used to, but right now I'm enjoying it. Report
October 4, 201312 yr comment_602443 Cue up the bandwagon... Lorde - Pure Heroin Agnes Obel - Aventine So far I like both, a lot. It's been a long damn time since I've gotten much new music and I have forgotten how much fun the discovery is. Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.