December 11, 201312 yr comment_613284 Ran into Annie Lennox the other day at lunch. She's really lovely, was just here for a holiday (is married to a South African), overtaken by events and agreed to be a main performer at the local Mandela commemoration. Can still sing! Yowza. Edited December 11, 201312 yr by Hopstretch Report
December 12, 201312 yr comment_613353 Since I love McCoy Tyner, Joe Lovano, Bill Frisell, Esperanza Spalding and San Francisco this is a multi win for me. http://youtu.be/ULScfJm-tWE Edited December 12, 201312 yr by Augsburger Report
December 14, 201312 yr comment_613612 Mikey approved^^Keep following these guys.. I just think that they are so good.. Report
December 15, 201312 yr comment_613808 My local theater put up a playlist of potential favourite folk songs in promotion of Inside Llewyn Davis. I'm liking a surprising amount of this. Report
December 17, 201312 yr comment_613984 Natalie Merchant - Tigerlily I was going to listen to something else but cdbaby.com is refusing to take my money. Edited December 17, 201312 yr by Salt Peanuts Report
December 18, 201312 yr comment_614098 My local theater put up a playlist of potential favourite folk songs in promotion of Inside Llewyn Davis. I'm liking a surprising amount of this. More of this (they've added to it, including my submission of "Where the WIld Roses Grow", which falls under the umbrella of 'death folk', I think). Lots of Bob Dylan and Joni Mitchell and Joan Baez. I don't think Lena Horne counts as folk, though. And there is some crap, but for the most part, I'm a-likin' it. Report
December 18, 201312 yr comment_614131 new speakers = testing... various... what next..?? Edited December 18, 201312 yr by mikeymad Report
December 18, 201312 yr comment_614137 good call .. but Not all songs - but close... Now... Ed: well watching and dancing in my seat... Edited December 18, 201312 yr by mikeymad Report
December 18, 201312 yr comment_614153 Ayreon, The Theory of Everything -- guide vocal version: PHASE 1: PHASE 2: PHASE 3: PHASE 4: Report
December 18, 201312 yr comment_614170 Jason Isbell | Southeastern. Showed up on Ken Tucker's Best of 2013. "On a lark, on a whim, I said there's two kinds of men in this world and you're neither of them. And his fist cut the smoke. I have an eighth of a second to wonder if he got the joke." Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.