October 30, 201312 yr comment_606865 Tangram -- this guy is a fairly wonderful old-school style electronic music -- Tangerine Dream/Jean-Michel Jarre/Kraftwerk/Synergy -style instrumentals. Normally I listen to more minor keys than this, but for some reason I find his form of upbeat attitude palatable. Report
October 31, 201312 yr comment_606885 Nine Inch Nails - Hesitation Marks (vinyl) great record, great sound. seeing them live Saturday at Voodoo Fest. Report
November 3, 201312 yr comment_607627 Gojira, L'Enfant Sauvage One of my favourite metal bands. Hopefully seeing them live in about two weeks, I've missed all concerts except one or two for the last several months. Report
November 3, 201312 yr comment_607643 I think I have 4 vinyl copies of that "great" album. Should I even ask why? Report
November 5, 201312 yr comment_607844 Afghan Whigs, Gentlemen -- possibly my favourite LP of 1993. Waiting the entirety of "If I Were Going" (3 minutes!) before introducing the drums in "Gentlemen" (track 2) may be one of my favourite moments in rock'n'roll. And I love the cover -- so disturbing. Like seeing Alia Atreides depicted in film. Report
November 5, 201312 yr comment_607847 Agnes Obel - Aventine I really like both of her albums and with Frankenstein warmed up the LCD-2s sound pretty fantastic. Report
November 5, 201312 yr comment_607850 Herbert von Karajan with the Berliner Philharmoniker playing Brahms' Symphony #2, 4th movement. Sometimes shuffle digs deep and returns with a gem. Report
November 5, 201312 yr comment_607934 That's a pretty interesting/strange pairing of works to put on one recording. I like both, but putting them together is a bit bizarre for me. Report
November 5, 201312 yr comment_607961 That's a pretty interesting/strange pairing of works to put on one recording. I like both, but putting them together is a bit bizarre for me. I agree. It is a very strange combo. Report
November 5, 201312 yr comment_607984 Found an interesting site... lots of tones and checks (system and hearing)... http://www.audiocheck.net/ Maybe not the right place to post - but it is what I am 'listening' to... Report
November 6, 201312 yr comment_608037 Just listened to the soundtrack of the Coen brothers upcoming film, "Inside Lyewyn Davis." Tought it was pretty good, "...parts of it anyway" (to steal a line from 'the stranger' in The Big Lebowski). http://www.npr.org/2013/11/03/242103173/first-listen-soundtrack-inside-llewyn-davis?utm_content=socialflow&utm_campaign=nprfacebook&utm_source=npr&utm_medium=facebook Report
November 6, 201312 yr comment_608061 Yosi Horikawa, Vapor -- this is amazing. To call it techno or electronica or even (a term I am trying to invent and gain acceptance) "new instrumentalism" would be completely undermining how organic and fucking groovy it is. Report
November 7, 201312 yr comment_608164 http://www.npr.org/2013/11/03/242103173/first-listen-soundtrack-inside-llewyn-davisEDIT: Oops missed Waynes earlier link. Edited November 14, 201312 yr by blessingx Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.