November 7, 201312 yr Author comment_608236 Same, except for the first time ever. I really like the short soundtrack summary/review on the NPR page. Report
November 7, 201312 yr comment_608237 Here's another review (plus helps on that novelty track). "... more‽‽‽" Edited November 7, 201312 yr by blessingx Report
November 7, 201312 yr Author comment_608238 She's still rockin' the circle move, even standing up. Seems to be a little more dizzying that way. Report
November 7, 201312 yr comment_608252 Well that's just depressing -- Esmé is more hipster than I am? Dadburn kids... Report
November 9, 201312 yr comment_608595 Yosi Horikawa, Vapor -- this is amazing. To call it techno or electronica or even (a term I am trying to invent and gain acceptance) "new instrumentalism" would be completely undermining how organic and fucking groovy it is. Listened to a bit of this, very very cool stuff! Will certainly pick it up..... And Esme, indeed so cute! Report
November 10, 201312 yr comment_608727 Really lovely 17 minute NPR piece on Gary Burton (who I had never heard of before). The guitarist is quite good as well. http://www.npr.org/event/music/243938351/gary-burton-tiny-desk-concert?utm_content=socialflow&utm_campaign=nprfacebook&utm_source=npr&utm_medium=facebook Report
November 11, 201312 yr comment_608912 Dvořák , New World Symphony, Sir Colin Davis & RCO On deck: Ein Heldenleben, Strauss, Mariss Jansons & RCO Sibelius' Finlandia, Berliner Philharmoniker & von Karajan Britten, War Requiem, LSO & Chorus, Gianandrea Noseda I was going to listen to Peer Gynt, but ... he's not exactly a vet at anything other than being a scoundrel. Report
November 13, 201312 yr comment_609063 Ellie Goulding - Halcyon Days Kind of a mixed bag, but some of it is pretty decent. Report
November 13, 201312 yr comment_609070 Patty Griffin - Silver Bell From Patty's website, "Originally recorded 13 years ago and newly mixed by Glyn Johns, Patty’s Griffin’s much sought-after “lost” album, Silver Bell is finally getting an official release. This album features 14 tracks including “Top Of The World” and “Truth #2.” I'll probably follow this up with America Kid. [edit] Goddamnit, I'd forgotten just how much I love Patty Griffin. Report
November 13, 201312 yr comment_609189 This has the Oats in the Water song that was on The Walking Dead episode last week. Good stuff. Report
November 15, 201312 yr comment_609436 Teeth Of The Sea -- Master Edited November 15, 201312 yr by Hopstretch Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.