What are you listening to Part the Third

Voltron

My Google Analytics brought me here. Glad you're enjoying the recording! I recorded it with just a single stereo pair... one for each ear ;)

This is my first time here, but it seems like a really active community! So, who recognises the headphones used on the recording session in this pic: http://elswhr.co/blog/photos-from-lumiere-recording-session - this is probably one of the few forums where I could expect 100 correct answers! Ha ha!

If only I still had my Stax Omega - I bet this album would sound gorgeous on those... 

• Like 3

Hi, Douglas, welcome to the forum.  I feel the need to put this out there -- I love your and Mira's approach to arranging.

And:  sweet, it's a binaural recording?  I hadn't listened to it on headphones yet.  (Sorry.)

Thanks for the welcome and complements! Wow, my lowly 2 posts certainly pales in comparison to you almighty 30,395! Wow, that's a lot of text! 

Not binaural, no. I just meant that there were only two microphones used. But, I'd love to record something with the Neumann Fritz head one day.

Awesome stuff Douglas!

You guys should be proud.

I caught some of your posts over on Gearslutz.

So you went direct to a 744?

Ric, I'm loving the posts about the Llewyn Davis film.

I was a big Dave Van Ronk fan back in the day. Still have some vinyl around here somewhere.

You might search around for some Phil Ochs. He was a fav of mine from that era.