September 6, 201511 yr comment_702380 This was one of my favorites from my esoteric stash. Even being totally unfamiliar to the material.From a performance standpoint or material standpoint? I have only a few Gulda discs in my collection, so that's why it was surprising to hear him "sing along". I have the Beethoven Concerti on the way, as this disc prompted the burning of the wallet. Mozart Piano works are something special, the other "hummer" Gould got him so very wrong Also, it seems in a few passages Gulda is actually talking, which is very odd as well. Report
September 6, 201511 yr comment_702393 From a performance standpoint or material standpoint? I have only a few Gulda discs in my collection, so that's why it was surprising to hear him "sing along". I have the Beethoven Concerti on the way, as this disc prompted the burning of the wallet. Mozart Piano works are something special, the other "hummer" Gould got him so very wrong Also, it seems in a few passages Gulda is actually talking, which is very odd as well. music stand point. i dont think i had heard any of his other stuff, or other versions.with some exceptions, i was new to classical and just bought whatever esoteric put out, without thinking about it. so most of the esoteric stuff is my first audition of these pieces. Report
September 6, 201511 yr comment_702409 music stand point. i dont think i had heard any of his other stuff, or other versions.with some exceptions, i was new to classical and just bought whatever esoteric put out, without thinking about it. so most of the esoteric stuff is my first audition of these pieces.See if you can find this, more Mozart Piano Concerti Report
September 7, 201511 yr comment_702495 ...on Tidal. Before -- was the new Riverside -- wowzers! First Antimatter, then Pineapple Thief, now Riverside. I actually quite like it, but I suspect the hard rockers are going to be disappointed.Then putting on Antimatter because I them greatly. Report
September 7, 201511 yr comment_702498 Picked this up this weekend, missed me some good ol' Cal-Punk. Report
September 9, 201511 yr comment_702722 Calexico on SACD?!?!? Must track down...In the mean time, Onyx, Report
September 10, 201511 yr Author comment_702850 Calexico on SACD?!?!? Must track down...In the mean time, Onyx, Santana is on SACD, not Calexico. Report
September 10, 201511 yr comment_702866 aardvark made me look this up.. I had this on video tape from the 80's when it was broadcast on A&E (when they did arts).. It is how I found Michael in the first place. And he was funny... Report
September 10, 201511 yr comment_702868 That brings back memories ... The flip side wasn't too shabby, either Edited September 10, 201511 yr by Grahame Report
September 11, 201511 yr comment_702882 Santana is on SACD, not Calexico.Well, I did find high-res download on HDTracks, if you care... Report
September 11, 201511 yr comment_702959 99% InvisibleBeen listening to a broad range of podcasts lately (want to do sound design for some).http://99percentinvisible.org/episode/on-location/ Report
September 12, 201511 yr comment_703054 Imogen Heap live from the recent Sennheiser Eventlinky is herein page http://en-us.sennheiser.com/reshapingexcellence (Imogen starts at ~ 2:29:00 )(or just https://livestream.com/accounts/14464128/events/4278940/videos/97421955/player )Watching it in safari on the ipad mini, I could full-screen it, then airplay it to the Apple TV, to get on the Big Screen and the DM10'sVideo is not quite Hi-Rez but watching it for the audio if that makes sense.Meanwhile, what are / were Sennheiser thinking with http://www.sennheiser-reshapingexcellence.com/ ? Edited September 12, 201511 yr by Grahame Report
September 12, 201511 yr comment_703061 This is sorta fun.James Carter - Caribbean RhapsodyI gave this a spin on Tidal after I saw you post it. Not bad. There's a James Carter/Joshua Redman clip that I love JC in.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-00h49-YDEAside: I want a tenor. I need to not buy a tenor. Bah, I wish I could buy a tenor.**BRENT** Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.