And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

Congrats on making it out of O'Hare and home Nate. My #1 travel rule is to avoid O'Hare if possible, any time of the year.

I used to think that too, but I've found that Midway is just as bad. But it's a different kind of bad. Not as much walking, so you get through quickly. But then you stand around for a half hour watching one employee at Enterprise/National/Dollar/whichever... trying to deal with a long line of customers. Plus, chances are you're dealing with Southwest which I'm not a big fan of. So the O'Hare/Midway debate is pretty much a "best price" proposition for me at this point.

Took a nice ride up to Southern Maine with wife, son and friend of son; drove up to the York/Ogunquit coast. Nice lunch at "When Pigs Fly" restaurant, watched the ocean a bit in Ogunquit, and had a nice coffee by the water in a small section called Perkins Cove. Tiny bit of shopping on the way home, back now and seeing if my son and friend can watch Harold and Kumar Christmas (if his friend's dad will let him; rated R). My wife is a bit against it, but she let him watch Borat....

Yep, and a very nice restaurant it is..... It's up a bit north of the Kittery Mall area, on the northbound side. They used to have that store on the southbound side, this is literally less than a 1/4 mile further north. Then they have their factory, with a little storefront there as well; that's across from a car dealer even further up.....

Good pizza, sandwiches, and a growing beer selection. The bread store is part of the building, a bit bigger than the smaller one they had.

Well worth the visit and a try for lunch, they even do call-ahead/reservations (we did that on the way up).

PS - the kids watched Harold and Kumar Xmas, as did Karen and me. Woefully immature, and probbaly just too extreme for 13 year old kids (it IS rated R, but he's been able to handle some others quite well). But we still liked it for the fun stupidity it was.

Edited by skullguise