And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

Went out to put chlorine in my soft tub type hot tub to find that a sink hole had formed under it. Drained it and moved it the loaded 1000 lbs of sand and base in the hole. Now it's back in place and being filled. Here's hoping this band aid lasts....

Owning stuff is nice but can be a massive pain in the ass.

Edited by Dreadhead

Love the FFF pics!

I had a wonderful day reading and riding my new bicycle. Took it out on the actual streets for the first time, having kept myself in the neighborhood for the first few days while getting used to being on a bike again. Loved it, but I've had the bike a week now, and I already want a road bike. undecided.gif It was fun, but I didn't like the upright position after a couple miles, and I really wanted to go faster. It's probably best I started out this way, though. I was definitely winded after only six miles and an average12 mph. It's been 14 years since I've been on a bike, but I wasn't expecting that, especially since CrossFit and using my rower. Oh well. I'll get a few more miles down on this bike while I start researching road bikes and look for a good place to get a fitting.

Love the FFF pics!

I had a wonderful day reading and riding my new bicycle. Took it out on the actual streets for the first time, having kept myself in the neighborhood for the first few days while getting used to being on a bike again. Loved it, but I've had the bike a week now, and I already want a road bike. undecided.gif It was fun, but I didn't like the upright position after a couple miles, and I really wanted to go faster. It's probably best I started out this way, though. I was definitely winded after only six miles and an average12 mph. It's been 14 years since I've been on a bike, but I wasn't expecting that, especially since CrossFit and using my rower. Oh well. I'll get a few more miles down on this bike while I start researching road bikes and look for a good place to get a fitting.

Glad you liked it Boomy. That's awesome. I would recommend that you probably plan on doing a initial fitting and then after a couple months and you've gotten more flexible another fitting to dial in your fit. I loved my Retul fit (motion trackers etc) but they are expensive.

Pic from Satuday (I don't know if facebook pics work to the wider world but I can't access flickr from work):

399968_10151242413585494_572730493_22855281_1492017550_n.jpg

Edited by Dreadhead

Oh John, I think you might fit in better at my concerts than I do! Al, a noble attempt but you just lack the manic enthusiasm even though you get the thumb right.

That was the third or fourth attempt and John really took to it. I was just laughing too much to do your people credit by they point Colin. \m/

Yeah, I don't know what I'm doing. The consensus around the table was that I really can't pull off the look. And looking at the pic now, it looks like I'm half 'rock on' and half 'hang loose'. :palm:

Chris, nice boat!

Vicki, awesome that you're on a bike again!

Edited by jvlgato

Thanks guys. I only basically drove it over to one set of docks then moved it to another set because I wasn't sure I was allowed to use the reserved docking as yet. It was flat out awesome to be out on the water with my wife and boy, with some nice music going. It was cold so we were the only boat out but it's going to be nice regardless. One more pic showing the setup and my family (not on our lake though this is the much bigger Lake Anna):

418313_246564732086048_100001975683076_524418_1098123029_n.jpg

Last one. Sorry I'm just stoked,

Edited by Dreadhead

Solved the "Low Battery Zone 29" dilemma today.

My alarm system has been giving this error message for the past couple of days, causing the display panel to beep every so often. Often enough to be annoying anyway.

So I've been wandering all over the house, replacing batteries in the various window sensors as well as the motion detector sensors. Little did I know that there are glass break sensors attached to my ceilings as well. Never thought to look up. Ok, so problem solved, right?

Wrong! The lady from the alarm company gave me the whole schematic over the phone, all 46 zones, and #29 is supposed to be a glass break detector in my front room, but I'm looking and it's not up there. She says it has to be, or they wouldn't be getting the signal...

All of a sudden, I say, "Ivan!!!" when it dawned on me that more than half of the sheetrock ceiling in my front room had to be ripped down and replaced after Hurricane Ivan hit in September 2004.

Sure enough, I went up in the attic and there it was hanging from a nail that someone must have pounded into one of the ceiling joists to hold it temporarily (and to prevent it from getting damaged) when they were ripping down the damaged sheetrock... and then forgot all about it the next day when they hung the new stuff.

Pretty good battery life, if nothing else.