JeffersonJam 2011?

justin

jefferson_headphones.jpg

Just an interest check to see if anyone would want to attend a meet in Charlottesville, VA. I could rent a mansion in wine country on ~30 acres for less than $200 per night. Events besides headphones/speakers could include getting drunk at a local vineyard, concert (schedules not released yet), Monticello tours, other crap etc. I would think sometime in August or September would be a good time.

Local airport: CHO

70 min drive: Richmond (RIC)

2 hour drive Dulles (IAD) --> mass transit is available, but is annoying. Have to take a bus to the suburban metro station, take the metro into DC, transfer to the line for Union Station, and then take Amtrak south. Would be about a 3-4 hour trip compared to 2 hours in a car.

2.5 hour drive OR Amtrak ($30) from Union Station: Reagan (DCA)

* The Amtrak train runs from New Orleans through Boston *

Edited by justin

I've driven it, but think I would take the train. In-ish. (Depends on scheduling, other commitments, etc.)

the train is really easy, it's the fastest way to get from D.C. with how bad the traffic is now. and is cheaper than driving.

regarding date, it could be very flexible

I could make a poll w/ possible dates and see what might work best

Example accomodations: 4000sqft farmhouse w/ pool on 85 acres. "sleeps 17". $400-650 per night

http://www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p185451

Recommended for: Age 55+, Girls Getaway, Sightseeing, Families with Teenagers, Families with Young Children, Romantic Getaway

Girls Getaway is the closest match

Edited by justin