What are you Grilling now?

Edwood

I did sous vide picanha for the first time today. A simple rub of spices, smoked salt and olive oil, then cooked in the bath at 133F for 6 hours. The 'grill' part comes from very briefly finishing on the pellet grill, just one minutes a side, with the flame box open and the temp at the absolute highest I could get it, about 700F! Served with fresh chimichurri, I was in meat heaven.

image.thumb.jpeg.270256418b3f0603febfde52cb7a1c22.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.df16912119e21b4357f918e1c2263006.jpeg

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This thread has been entirely too dormant.  Got invited over to a friends for BBQ, couldn't go for various reasons.  Decided to solve the problem myself.  Unpictured, rack of ribs, pictured, 4lb pork butt. Cooked it to 180 internal before wrapping to try to get more bark/flavor and decided to try beer instead of apple juice this time in the wrap because, well, I was drinking. 

IMG_0380.jpeg

• Like 10

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

This thread really dropped off the map.

I had to replace the heating element in my old Traeger, but it turned out to be quite easy and very cheap on Amazon. I re-christened the smoker with three racks of baby backs. 

IMG_3130.jpeg

• Like 6

• 1 month later...
On 5/12/2024 at 10:50 PM, Craig Sawyers said:

Well that was click bait - I had not come across the term "baby backs", and the image that came to mind - well you can guess....

Anyhoo - they look delicious

This jingle was stuck in my noggin for years.

On 7/4/2024 at 8:46 PM, n_maher said:

I've been getting to know the new flattop and liking it a lot.  Made an epic breakfast sandwich on it this morning.  Last night was fajitas.

IMG_5955.jpeg

Nice! Do you keep it outside uncovered and have a good process to keep moisture and rust away?

3 hours ago, luvdunhill said:

Nice! Do you keep it outside uncovered and have a good process to keep moisture and rust away?

outside but covered.  One of the selling points of the new Weber's are some sort of treatment process they do to the steel to keep it from rusting.  And the frame is allegedly built a lot better than your average flat top grill.  Time will tell.  No issues with cooking surface rust so far and it's been impressively hot/humid here since I got it.  97F today.  

• Like 2

It was damn hot here again so using the oven seemed crazy. So I cooked a Detroit pizza on the weber tonight for Claire's book club. I started it with the pan right over the active hot elements and then moved it to the other half of the grill where the elements were off. Kept the temp at 500-550 with the lid down. The bottom charred and I was worried at first but it was not too much and tasted good, not burnt. I failed to take a pic of the whole thing but here is the last piece and a half from top and bottom. 

IMG_3604.jpeg

IMG_3605.jpeg

• Like 4