Can't compete with the lunch lords, but I'm enjoying my BS & BLAT: Breakfast Stout & Bacon Lettuce Avocado Tomato. Bacon is a breakfast food, amiright?!
Given that basically all the changes in the last decade that have been associated with huge price hikes have been in flavor rather than objective improvements, I'd be shocked if all of a sudden there were a giant improvement. Stax O2s, Sennheiser HD650, ATH-L3000, Grado PS-1, Grado HP1000, Grado RS1 I've not been convinced any full sized headphones released since then are significantly better for the given characteristics.
No... I actually sold the KGSSHV without a volume control and kept the KGSSHV with a volume control as I knew the Yggdrasil purchase was imminent What I miss is the M51s remote... and it doesn’t help that my racks over the other side of the room, dammit ... I swore I wasn’t going to get a Yggy for this very reason, I suppose a 21 bit digital volume would just truncate way too much. Luckily is sounds fab so I don’t feel so jipped. ... and the calories I’m burning off to adjust volume.
Utterly ridiculous price, kind of insulting for people that actually waited for an electrostatic alternative to the SR-001 that didn't have the ergonomic compromises. But the technology sounds fascinating, and it will be interesting to see where this goes. Jude's reviews are basically product announcements and should be treated as such.
Yes I totally agree here. However some folks in Hong Kong & Japan may go all out for this. They hardly have any space even for a desktop setup. Same here. I feel uneasy leaving my work rig there. For the most part, its Sony ZX-2 > PHA-3 > JH13pro FP in balanced mode for me. Then again I do have to switch to open headphones from time to time to catch the phone.
My daughter is excited about the iOS 9.1 update ... "EMOJIS [emoji228][emoji952][emoji946][emoji951][emoji944][emoji948][emoji100][emoji480][emoji899][emoji486][emoji898][emoji479][emoji478][emoji477]️[emoji897][emoji514][emoji451][emoji184][emoji388][emoji386][emoji387][emoji384][emoji385][emoji848][emoji849][emoji857][emoji847][emoji851][emoji15][emoji37][emoji850][emoji855][emoji856] and the best thing ever the UNICORN [emoji882][emoji882][emoji882][emoji882][emoji882][emoji882][emoji882][emoji882][emoji882][emoji882][emoji882][emoji882][emoji882][emoji882][emoji882][emoji882][emoji882][emoji882][emoji882][emoji882][emoji882][emoji882][emoji882][emoji882][emoji882][emoji882][emoji882][emoji882][emoji882][emoji882][emoji882][emoji882][emoji882][emoji882][emoji882][emoji882][emoji882][emoji882][emoji882][emoji882][emoji882][emoji882][emoji882][emoji882][emoji882][emoji882][emoji882][emoji882][emoji882][emoji882][emoji882][emoji882][emoji882][emoji882][emoji882][emoji882][emoji882][emoji882][emoji882][emoji882][emoji882][emoji882][emoji882][emoji882][emoji882][emoji882][emoji882][emoji882][emoji882][emoji882][emoji882][emoji882][emoji882][emoji882][emoji882][emoji882][emoji882][emoji882][emoji882][emoji882][emoji882][emoji882][emoji882][emoji882][emoji882][emoji882][emoji882][emoji882][emoji882][emoji882][emoji882][emoji882][emoji882][emoji882][emoji882][emoji882][emoji882][emoji882][emoji882][emoji882][emoji882][emoji882][emoji882][emoji882][emoji882][emoji882][emoji882][emoji882][emoji882][emoji882][emoji882][emoji882][emoji882][emoji882][emoji882][emoji882][emoji882][emoji882][emoji882][emoji882][emoji882][emoji882][emoji882][emoji882][emoji882][emoji882][emoji882][emoji882][emoji882][emoji882][emoji882][emoji882][emoji882][emoji882][emoji882][emoji882][emoji882][emoji882][emoji882][emoji882][emoji882]"
I usually struggle defining any differences between sources, I consider my one day old Yggdrasil considerably better than my NAD M51, it really took me by surprise as I wasn’t expecting the hype to live up to my expectations. It’s definitely a landmark purchase for me. Edit: Yggdrasil > KGSSHV > SR-009, will spark up the BHSE at some time and give that a listen over the weekend.
sure. It's really a shame there aren't free, easily obtainable utilities that can take dsd files or 192khz files, convert them to 24/48 in a way that humans are incapable of identifying as different.