Everything posted by MexicanDragon
-
RIP someone or another
RIP to the 2024 Republican presidential nominee
-
And now what did you do TODAY?
Because you’re predicktable?
-
The analog thread.
- The analog thread.
These kids are WAY behind...- Happy Birthday Brent!
Thanks everyone for the birthday wishes! I had a decent day. Realized my license expired so I went to go buy some whiskey at the last minute, so I made a birthday cocktail. Had another band concert to play in (had one Sunday too) and a buddy in the section serenaded me with the HBD song, which was nice. 6 of us went out for dinner afterwards and they bought my dinner as a gift, and was nice meeting some new people/hanging out with others when we weren't just sitting in band. And, over the weekend, I got to have lunch/dinner with a good friend from back home while he was out instructing at a racing school in the PNW. Overall, been a solid time period since I turned The Answer.- RIP someone or another
Great story! Also, '81 is when I was born.- RIP someone or another
RIP Doyle Brunson, the Godfather of Poker, dead at 89. https://www.espn.com/espn/betting/story/_/id/37651901/doyle-brunson-10-world-series-poker-champion-dies-age-89 Most of his lasts posts on twitter was about his dog :I- And now what did you do TODAY?
Lunch update: postponed due to animal emergency on the side of the main dude; I was completely understanding and told him to take care of the pupperz and we'd reschedule. Should be rescheduled for later in the week, or early next week. For now, drinking.- And now what did you do TODAY?
Grabbed a 100$ haircut + beard trim for my first "meet the team" lunch with a very interesting prospect job wise. I've never had a "lunch interview" before, but this would be a job that would interface somewhat with my old job, except I'd be leading the account for one company instead of low-person on the totem pole for the old company. Restaurant https://stanfords.com/locations/northgate/ Menu https://stanfords.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/12/Stanfords-Main-Menu_Web.pdf Depending on what the head guy orders, that 12oz cut of rock salted roasted prime rib looks great, or perhaps the smaller rib eye. I guess we'll see what's up in the morning, but the goal is to walk away on a good track to make more than my previous boss/grand boss, which would be just fantastic. It was a pretty good sign where two former co-workers sent me that same job listing, and one of them had reached out. I went from the initial "hey, we got your name and want to put you in the pool, send your resume" to, after receiving resume, "that's a STRONG resume. I have a few people out at the show [ISC West in Vegas a couple weeks ago] I'd like you to try to meet up with. If not, we'll get together in the next couple weeks." Looks like it'd be a really good match, and I have a LOT of good recommendations from inside that company, so gonna grab a drink, take a nap, and then try to figure out the ideal etiquette to handle a job interview in a restaurant. Come to think of it, the last time I had a job interview in a restaurant was in the 90s at either DQ or Hardee's. Man, now I want a biscuit...- RIP someone or another
RIP Marty; my condolences Mikey.- Happy Birthday Nate!
Happy belated Thursday, etc., Nate!- Compact cassette is back!(?)
If anyone is looking to get rid of any vintage portable tape players, or *cough* one of those tempermental-ass, shitty Nakamichi Dragons, ping me. Thx.- Happy Birthday, Dan (grawk)
Happy belated birthday. For you, at least. Here, it's still your birthday, but wanted to make sure you knew it was belated coming from me. The big 6-0 should really deserve something more festive, but here is a:- Guitar-Case
Heh. Sucks about downsizing, because stuff is great, but I’m pretty happy with my Bonnie Pink PRS and Daphne Blue Jazz Bass. But I also want a crazy relic’d masterbuilt and/or Murphy shop something. GLWS- Guitar-Case
@Dusty Chalk - Figured you may dig this purple Les Paul R9.- Happy Birthday, Jeff!
Happy belated, @Pro-Ject!- Happy 60th Birthday, Grahame!
- Guitar-Case
@Dusty Chalk - Thought you may like this one. Saw it on Trogly which just went up a few minutes ago. They had another one that already sold, but you may enjoy it anyways in the video.- Happy Birthday Knucks!
Hahahahaha. You’re old!- Guitar-Case
Just buy it a seat Alternatively, check the dimensions of your case and check that against the airline's policy and the plane's above-head holding dimensions to see if it will technically fit. I've flown with a trombone that didn't fit up top before (Xavier's when we moved out,) but the FA was able to put it with some of their vertical storage up front and it was fine.- Guitar-Case
Nice! Orange? Gold? Green? (Fucking colorblindness)- Guitar-Case
Mmmmmm, blue Helix https://www.guitarcenter.com/Line-6/Helix-Limited-Edition-Multi-Effects-Guitar-Pedal-Lightning-Blue-1500000301371.gc- Guitar-Case
I'll keep it in Mind; Fender is doing 12 Days of Deals right now, so I'm keeping an eye out for that too. I was seeing something about this Boss Katana 110 that has a bunch of effects and whatnot that seems interesting. I have a Line 6 for the guitar that's a modeling amp, and it's definitely cool to play with.- Guitar-Case
We all knew this would be a "yes", didn't we? Squier Classic Vibe '60s Jazz Bass Daphne Blue - Pix of actual guitar sent from Sweetwater. Never found those smaller fingers, so didn't make much progress with the pink guitar yet, but my son got it a few months ago and was noodling around. Well... turns out Fender is doing a promo where you get a "free" Squier starter kit + a year of Fender Play (lessons/app.) Should be here in a few days, but going to hold off until Satanmas, as this may be "my gift" from the fam. We shall see. Probably need a bass amp (that cost more than this much-more-budget-friendly-than-a-PRS-guitar bass). This thing is going to hold SOOOO many clothes.- Happy Birthday Dinny/Vincent/The Monkey
- The analog thread.
Important Information
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.
Account
Navigation
Search
Configure browser push notifications
Chrome (Android)
- Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
- Tap Permissions → Notifications.
- Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
- Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
- Select Site settings.
- Find Notifications and adjust your preference.
Safari (iOS 16.4+)
- Ensure the site is installed via Add to Home Screen.
- Open Settings App → Notifications.
- Find your app name and adjust your preference.
Safari (macOS)
- Go to Safari → Preferences.
- Click the Websites tab.
- Select Notifications in the sidebar.
- Find this website and adjust your preference.
Edge (Android)
- Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
- Tap Permissions.
- Find Notifications and adjust your preference.
Edge (Desktop)
- Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
- Click Permissions for this site.
- Find Notifications and adjust your preference.
Firefox (Android)
- Go to Settings → Site permissions.
- Tap Notifications.
- Find this site in the list and adjust your preference.
Firefox (Desktop)
- Open Firefox Settings.
- Search for Notifications.
- Find this site in the list and adjust your preference.