Colts release Peyton Manning...

emelius

At the end of the day, they parted ways.

Yep, the cold impersonal reality of business. I don't see how its ethically wrong to let him go if the powers that be think its best for the organization. The only argument I see is if they are making the right decision.

I think he's still the best QB currently, but building a future makes more sense to me as well. I think they chose right.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, the cold impersonal reality of business. I don't see how its ethically wrong to let him go if the powers that be think its best for the organization. The only argument I see is if they are making the right decision.

I think he's still the best QB currently, but building a future makes more sense to me as well. I think they chose right.

I agree with all of this and also think that they chose well in terms of the business decision. I just hope that they're wrong and that he comes back and bites them in a big way.

Revis deserves his pay IMO

Also I agree that Irsay and the colts are in no way morally obligated to keep someone like Manning but if he ends up being healthy I think it will be a mistake for them, from a perspective of royally pissing off the fan base. This is also assuming that whoever they draft can't really fill his shoes, which I think will be the case. If whoever steps in can do it relatively seamlessly then winning goes a long way to get over any lingering hard feelings.

You're right I thought about this a while, Revis deserves his pay. Also wasn't aware that LT retired.

And the Jets extend Sanchez's deal. wtf?

kitty.jpgdogobediencetrainingyd1.jpgwirefoxlinkrn9.jpgfacepalm.png

Interesting that Manning will probably be going to Miami. My friend and I had a long convo that his best chance at another Superbowl would probably be NFC West. Now he has to play the Pats twice and possibly three times a year. But if he is healthy he'll do really well in Miami.

• 2 weeks later...

I hope not.

The best part about this decision by Manning is that it should put an end to tebow mania - hopefully.

They should be aggressive and go for him. Assuming Manning is healthy and with their defense plus deep threat WR... I do think they'd win their division.