Whisk[e]y-Case

shellylh

It was pretty good and hotter than I expected for 93 proof (in a good way). I was not in the environment or mind set to really judge it so I was curious if our resident experts had tried it. And Mikey is a Sherry cask hound so I thought he might have tried it or been interested. 

Edited by Voltron

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/10/2018 at 3:10 PM, Voltron said:

Where can one acquire some Auchentoshan Valinch these days? 

On 11/10/2018 at 6:03 PM, morphsci said:

Just got word that they are out of stock after all, and refunded my order placed shortly after yours, I imagine. :indra:

• Sad 2

:( I actually did not order from them as they, like all the others that showed it in stock, will not ship to Florida. I actually found mine locally at a little out of the way shop that I found while waiting for Peter to finish his airsoft skirmish. You might want to still check around since most of the ones that showed some stock were located in California, if I recall correctly.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Barrell Whisky Batch #5

What an interesting Whisky!  Barrell's each batch is completely different blending effort, and Batch 5 mixes 4 different whiskies, each finished in Bourbon, Brandy, Cognac, and Amaro barrels.  Sounds like recipe for disaster, but the result is one-of-a-kind palate with lots of raisins, sweet grapes, and some other unidentifiable spices, all without oakiness, bitterness, or other oddities, presented at healthy 118 proof cask strength.  

0113191909.jpg

Edited by Jon L
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 1/18/2019 at 9:52 PM, Hopstretch said:

Have decided to sub whisky in for wine occasionally for both variety and carb-reduction purposes.

Thought I'd start at Cluster A and work my way through. What's the most characteristic Macallan please?

Between Al and I we have some pretty good stuff. Perhaps a blind tasting is in order at some point?

Maybe we each bring three bottles to taste or something like that.

9 minutes ago, TMoney said:

Between Al and I we have some pretty good stuff. Perhaps a blind tasting is in order at some point?

Maybe we each bring three bottles to taste or something like that.

wife won't be happy when i have to book more flights. ;)

1 hour ago, mikeymad said:

offerman Laga

saw this a week or so ago... thought it was fake but apparently this is actually going to be a thing.

and i will purchase multiple things.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...