New Oppo player for late 2012

Eric5676

I'm contemplating on getting my 105 a Modwright treatment.  Dan is having a  20% right now and I already own the tube rectified PSU, so it will only cost me $1500 + shipping.  I'm a big fan of his work and my Modwright Denon 3910 still best the stock 105 handily sound wise.

Purk (or others), also check out EVS & Ric Shultz.  I've had 2 modded players from him, as well as his self-designed DAC and an amp.  Great stuff as well, might be able to go cheaper.

He doesn't do tubes though.....

Edited by skullguise

I'm contemplating on getting my 105 a Modwright treatment.  Dan is having a  20% right now and I already own the tube rectified PSU, so it will only cost me $1500 + shipping.  I'm a big fan of his work and my Modwright Denon 3910 still best the stock 105 handily sound wise.

i'd love to get my 95 modded by Dan and move it to the headphone rig, but I've spent entirely too much money on gear the past couple months.

i'd love to get my 95 modded by Dan and move it to the headphone rig, but I've spent entirely too much money on gear the past couple months.

Completely understand.  I'm in the same boat but it makes sense for me b/c I'm short changing my SACD collection by not able to play it on my NAD M51.  Plus my M51 isn't any better than my old Modwright Denon 3910 and his new mods should sound significantly better.  I plan to sell my M51 afterward however to recover the cost of the upgrade.

Edited by purk
  • Like 3

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

bought a pioneer bdp80fd brand new for $300 from b&h

people should buy them now before they are all gone.

SO MUCH EASIER than Piece of Shit overheating version 3 garbage

and if you have a modified PS3, time to dump it before its worth absolutely nothing.

also have tested 103,103d,105,105d in case you have one of these. even with the multiregion hack, still works

Edited by kevin gilmore
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...