HC Bike/Cycling Thread

boomana

yes? :o is a nice bike. Titanium or aluminum?

I´m very happy too with my dura ace. Only loses around 60 grs if you compare with the Ultegra crankset but the dura ace look is IMO very beautiful.

rN_Kr2aZuXzJPI6NWFoVaQgdp5xBE1ZG-6AiR6at

TCIUf2RMDabhgaxBu4bkyCNms6W6DK0NXgtRja3D

On my bike :wub:

mLZbsJkbNOZN-TbXaYcTbweRl6kJqT71eQQJ9Khb

Edited by jose
  • Like 1

So here is Xavier's new kit he got for Satanmas, from helmet down to socks. He was so super excited, and I got one of the biggest hugs of my life when he opened this.

15722525_10154248821606589_2005987364_n.jpg?oh=cc3315d313cd6ca1d3a7441f450871f3&oe=5867536A

An even bigger hug was a little while ago when I told him that if he gave me a large part of the $$$ he's saved up, I'd help him get a new road bike, since he's outgrowing his.

Our goal is 1500 miles in 2017; should be an interesting year.

Diamondback Podium 700c 46cm... which will be replacing his Diamondback Podium 650c, which fit fine in October, and now his knees hit the bars if he's not careful, as of November.

Podium 700c.jpg

I can't wait to get this thing here and built.

**BRENT**

• Like 9

Stopped by the bike shop to inquire about a more carbonfibery fatbike and took some pics in the bathroom, no not in a perverty way.

f23362aeb35cdf4a2be053f87b8ef226.jpg

d123e6f90964451699946538933549ee.jpg

And got some new silicone grips and 45Nrth pogies for winter rides. Update: Did a ride in the 8 degree, 10+ MPH wind neighborhood with no gloves underneath the pogies in complete comfort.  These things are awesome.

fe89676e606d99ec9509fc368a47557d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by VPI
  • Like 4

Yep! The frostbite culture is way overrated!

I use similar for my scooter.  Trust me, on cold days they're necessary as hell, and anyone who thinks I'm a cold weather wimp doesn't know me at all. Also consider wind chill at 60 mph on a 38 degree day.

Speaking of crazy ass cold riding, we signed up for a fatbike, beer and chili ride this weekend where the temps will be a balmy 20ish degrees with wind.  Reserved an electric Specialized fatbike for Kasia which should be a cool ride and I am providing my own or borrowing a CF Salsa for my ride.

While I got tons of base layers for Xmas, I need to find something for Kasia.  What are the bike nerd accepted base layers these days, Craft?

• Like 2