HC Bike/Cycling Thread

boomana

Day 3 was tough for me. Really should have been riding more leading up to this so my seat did not feel like a razor blade on the last day. I ended up being a full .5 MPH slower than the group as pedaling was not a lot of fun as I was approaching 100 miles for the weekend.

Had a great time and really appreciate most of the Florida crew showing up to make it such a great HC Cycling Team event.

• Like 2

I was happy with my riding considering how long it has been since I was last on my bike. Great time with the crew which included a trip to Cycle Brewing and Cigar City. Thanks to Jeff for driving and Ben for leading us out for the sprint finish today.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I will host another lake house weekend in the spring and maybe again in late summer if that's of interest to the out of town crew.

I doubt I'll be making NYC but maybe. I just don't really want to ride up there but I do know the company is awesome so maybe :)

Edited by Dreadhead

Great time, two fun rides and after laying off serious riding not too terrible. Thanks to Ben and Jeff for making the trip. Ben you were a lifesaver leading on that last ten miles. Jeff thanks for driving to cycle and CCB.

Hopefully we can do the Escape from New York ride as a Head-Case team in 2014. props to Mike and Raffy for kicking my ass on the bikes. Lots of laughs this weekend.

• Like 1

So to update the crew on the status of my hub.... 

I took it apart on Saturday evening. Taking the hub apart was fairly uneventful, although I under estimated how fucking tight the ring they say to knock free with a hammer and punch was... After that came free, very easy to take the thing down to nothing but gears. 

I broke the hub. 

There are 2 little ratchet pawls that select the lowest gear. One is jamed shut (there is a spring to open it that popped out of place) the other completely shattered and little pieces were floating around in my hub. 

I wonder how this will go...