HC Bike/Cycling Thread

boomana

In preparing for my riding in Barbados in a few weeks I wanted a map to load to my Edge 800. A quick internet search turned up:

http://garmin.openstreetmap.nl/

Considering I can't even buy a official Garmin MAP for Barbados, this is very very sweet. They have coverage basically worldwide too. The internet is AWESOME sometimes. 

Edit: Having done some map stuff before I didn't need this but seeing as Nebby pointed it out here is the DC Rainmaker how-to:

http://www.dcrainmaker.com/2013/05/download-garmin-705800810.html

Edited by Dreadhead

i forget, is this the right thread for the florida bike thing in december? it looks like the day i'm supposed to fly out is the day i have my next follow up appt for clavicle, so have to see if i can make that a day earlier. thats supposed to be the day i'm allowed to stop wearing the sling, which would be 4 weeks after surgery. i'm going to guess i'm on the 12 week recovery plan rather than the 3 day one as far as riding a real bike, stationary recumbent is ok as of today, so maybe a real one of those would be ok in 3 more weeks 

Oh, we'll see, maybe they take an Xray after those 4 weeks, so if the fracture is well consolidated, you may get back to normal life within the limits that the arm, having been relatively immobilized, allows.

Are you allowed some movements? If so, try to keep your hand and elbow in motion. Something like crunching a tennis ball would help to prevent muscular atrophy in the forearm.

Someone managed to clip my hitch mount bike rack while backing out of their parking space adjacent to mine. Didn't even leave a note or anything either >:(. Just came back to my car to see that the trays were rotated in the completely wrong direction, which sheared off the metal bit that held the tray in place.

I gotta say though, that I'm impressed with the 1up rack. The only damage seems to be the underlying tray that holds the rails, which seems to be bolted on, if I can get a replacement from 1up it should be an easy fix since everything is bolted together.

Edited by Nebby