DIY cable gallery

Grand Enigma

That's a sexy-ass cable right there, and it will work great, but why isn't he using the multi-pin DB25 or whatever it's called connector next to the TRSs?

ULN8_Back.JPG

He will, of course, as evidenced by the cable I posted on the previous page. ;) And the reasoning for this set is easy, like if you got to a meet and don't want to drag the full octopus DB25 cable (which is what it'll eventually be). There are also still lingering questions about what outputs are available to the firewire input. The TRS connections are CH1 and CH2 only so the hope is that they will be the easiest to setup and get him up and running.

He will, of course, as evidenced by the cable I posted on the previous page. ;) And the reasoning for this set is easy, like if you got to a meet and don't want to drag the full octopus DB25 cable (which is what it'll eventually be). There are also still lingering questions about what outputs are available to the firewire input. The TRS connections are CH1 and CH2 only so the hope is that they will be the easiest to setup and get him up and running.

I obviously didn't look back, but I thought you had done the DB25, which led to the science/madness/sparta jag. Yeah, the full octopus is quite something. I think the setup I sent to Greg will give him the same output in L/R pairs across the 8 channels, so Ch1 and Ch2 will definitely work as a start. Here's what my octo-outputs looks like:

ISDB25%20BELDEN%20NEUTRIK%20BLK-GLD%20THUMBSCREW%20.jpg

balanced TRS to balanced XLR, obviously :)

Obviously! Ugly fucking thing.

That's a sexy-ass cable right there, and it will work great, but why isn't he using the multi-pin DB25 or whatever it's called connector next to the TRSs?

What's a DB-25 connector? I thought those ports were to connect my printer to the ULN-8 when I wanted to print copies of the cue sheets. :P

The TRS to XLR cable will serve multiple purposes; as Nate stated, they can serve as traveling and meet cables, they can serve as primary cables while I am fiddling around with/searching for additional XLR to whatever cables, and lastly they may very well serve as my preamp to mono block interconnects.

"Cat o' nine tails" except it's 8.

I have unofficially named them the Nugget Audio Octo Udders.