DIY cable gallery

Grand Enigma

This is the standard one socket, two plugs affair. It simply separates the bias and drive voltages so that you can use any amp to drive any headphone given that you have some way to access the original bias supply. Let's say you want to drive a normal bias Sigma from a 717 and have a SRD-6 handy or that you want to use the ESP950 off a Stax amp, yet use the Koss bias supply. The one for CanJam is so that the owner of a normal bias Sigma can experience it off the BHSE. :)

Adding a normal bias socket is simply a matter of changing the voltage divider so that's surely an option. There are also a few BHSE's that don't have a He90 jack such as mine.

I was going to say "more practical, less aspirational" but then we're talking about a pretty expensive amp, I suppose if you can pring for the BHSE, you could spring for an HE90. :rolleyes:

Better yet, get something that doesn't suck... :P

The TakeT needs the extra power a lot more than the recable methinks.

There are a few sets of TakeT recabled with the Apuresound V3 cable. I emailed them about it and the reply mentioned that they'd developed an electrostatic cable but wouldn't be going forward with it because of the high cost and low demand.

Did your cable experiments ever come to anything Birgir?

• 1 month later...
Nate, the rack looks awesome; I like the stain. The cables are cool and stealthy.
Thanks Dinny (and others). The cables are the usual drab stuff, nothing really fun in there. But as the stain and tung oil seasons and fully dries I am liking the rack more and more. It's a pity that I only use it for meets. Still for ~$50 and a couple hours of labor it's worth it to have around and I'd highly recommend it.

That little something on the middle shelf looks interesting, too. ;D

I thought you might get a kick out of that and as you'll notice the RCAs are finally installed. Wiring is underway. >:D