slow forum

postjack

Yeah, i totally wanna call shenanigans.

The fact the guy's website is sponsored (owned?) by microsoft makes me wonder all the more.

Mach es machbar - mit Microsoft Office Project 2007

Looks like some sweet viral advertising to engineers. Has the guy doing tests for his coefficient of friction and a wind anemometer to make sure the wind speed was zero at the ramp and a test dummy lying around (without wetsuit though).

The biggest thing that makes me want to call shenanigans is the fact that he curls up into a ball in the video just before entering a 24-36" pool of water on what appears to be a wooden stand he should break some bones because his downward velocity should be significant (at least equal to his upward velocity at the the tip of the ramp unless the apogee is very near where he lands, but it doesn't look like it)

I dunno though maybe he just has brass balls and I watched some pretty crazy crap on the X-Games.

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, the more I think about it, that has to be fake. In addition to the comments both here and on YouTube, he should hit the far side of the kiddy pool hard enough to destroy either it or himself.

And yes, I mean the Tiddy Bear, not the waterslide jump. The waterslide jump's real, man.

Yeah, the more I think about it, that has to be fake. In addition to the comments both here and on YouTube, he should hit the far side of the kiddy pool hard enough to destroy either it or himself.

And yes, I mean the Tiddy Bear, not the waterslide jump. The waterslide jump's real, man.

It's Viral Marketing. It's fake folks...

You mean to tell me people don't accelerate up a ramp when just sliding on it, rather than decelerating due to friction? I refuse to believe this nonsense!

As an assistant editor I know there are a ton of tricks you can do in post-processing. Just watch that Auto-Tune clip.

I still say it's fake. A good fake but a fake.

more from a pageback reply..

Odin the swimming white tiger Video@@AMEPARAM@@http://embed.break.com/306652@@AMEPARAM@@306652

crazy and amazing to see them in life and up close but it also pisses me off to see them behind bars and not in their natural world..

i remember last year or so seeing a polar bear at the zoo when it was like 90 degrees out, it was cool to see but not right at the same time...oh well