goldenreference low voltage power supply

On 7/4/2020 at 12:41 AM, bravi said:

Hi All,

Soldered the first lot of 4 pcbs of Sync rectifier with all components. Tested with 12 v transformer . Got around 16.1v on the output with a 10mF capacitor. With a test resistor load of 48ohms the current would have been around 330ma. Great start for me with learnings on soldering smd device.

Any views on the max current that can be drawn with this sync rectifier board without stressing the components?

Cheers!

Ravi

Synchronous rectifier load test: 10 minutes per entry. Test board same as my previous post with 1oz copper pcb. Voltages measured at input to test board and output of test board. Single rectifier tested no averaging. Ambient temp 22C. Temperatures rounded up to nearest whole degree C.

current draw                    input voltage to rectifier VAC    output voltage after 3300uF cap                temperature of hottest psmn040                  temp of controller

3A                                      16.2                                                         18.6VDC                                                                            107C                                                  69C

2A                                     16.6                                                         20.2VDC                                                                             61C                                                     45C

1A                                      17                                                            21.8VDC                                                                             34C                                                     31C

So it looks like 2A at fine. 3A is pushing it a bit hard at these voltages. 

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 653
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So I think this is pretty cool (sorry to toot my own horn, but I can't help it sometimes ).  I've been meaning to miniaturize the GRLV supplies.  I've got them down to boards that are 1.16" (H) x

I got the HV sections and bias up and they work perfectly   Here's the board... I've already tested the GRLV boards and they work.  I just have to build another set for this supply. 

Here's the HV version set to 450v. Have to test this one still.

Posted Images

I thought about the parts I have for building 30V GRLV boards for my dynahi, I noticed that the tantalum caps are all rated at 25.  Should I increase them to 50V when building for 30V?

4 hours ago, sbelyo said:

I thought about the parts I have for building 30V GRLV boards for my dynahi, I noticed that the tantalum caps are all rated at 25.  Should I increase them to 50V when building for 30V?

47uf tants are fine with 25V, but 10uf ones should go up to 35v or above

Edited by ang728