Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

What is it?

an ebony penis extension.

While it may have made my penis extend a little when I opened the box, it's actually a Twisted Pear Audio balanced Darwin source selector. Basically it gives me 6 balanced inputs, 2 balanced outputs and a balanced loop output. This was really needed since I only have one balanced input on my Consonance integrated amp.

How does loop out differentiate from regular out?

That's a question I thought might be too stupid to ask fierce_freak, but I have no idea.

It is switched, the knob on the right is the output selector, and it has three settings.

I'll check later to see if indeed a signal is always sent to loop out regardless of the switch.

Nice! I wonder if it's my old one, the connector arrangement is exactly the same.

I'm pretty sure it's your old one. From what I understand, you sold it to tyrion, who sold it to [email protected], who sold it to ShaolinRasta, who sold it to me. Many owners, but all reputable people so I'm not too worried.

• 1 of: Late Registration [Explicit Lyrics]
    Sold by: Amazon.com, LLC
  • 1 of: Late Orchestration: Live at Abbey Road Studios [Explicit Lyrics] [import] [Live]
  • 1 of: Graduation [Explicit Lyrics]
  • 1 of: What the Sea Wants, the Sea Will Have
  • 1 of: Homework
  • 1 of: The College Dropout [Explicit Lyrics]

• 1 of: Algorithms for VLSI Physical Design Automation, Third Edition Sold by: Amazon.com, LLC
    • 1 of: Essentials of Electronic Testing for Digital, Memory, and Mixed-Signal VLSI Circuits (Frontiers in Electronic Testing Volume 17) (Frontiers in Electro Sold by: Amazon.com, LLC

The Photographer's Eye

Nash Editions: Photography and the Art of Digital Printing (VOICES)

Ansel Adams: 400 Photographs

Matias USB 2.0 Keyboard & Mouse White Mac

Canon EF 17-40mm F/4L USM Ultra Wide Angle Zoom Lens for Canon SLR Cameras

All are fun, but that last one = ;D;D;D

I'm supposed to go check out some lenses from a seller in NJ later, but I don't feel like it, so I hope he's willing to keep it reserved for me for a bit longer.

100-400 for $800

17-40 for $400

100mm macro for $350

But I just bought the 70-200 f2.8 IS, so my wallet's feeling a little light as it is.

Hope you like the 17-40! What body do you have? I'm not sure I want an f4 on my 40D, but the price is just too good...

*chuckle* The 70-200 F/2.8 IS might make your wallet lighter, but it has quite the opposite effect on everything else. :D I'm not a big zoom person (I like fast primes, faster primes, and anything that has excellent bokeh) but were I to get a 70-200, it would be the F/4 IS version. It's newer than the F/2.8, about 3/4 the price and half the weight. It's also sharper than the F/2.8 at similar apertures. That said, when you need a full stop more light, there is no substitute for a bigger aperture. I hope that monster zoom serves you well.

The 100-400 is a beast, nicknamed the "Africa lens." IIRC, it's a push-pull zoom, which is enough to keep me away from it. If you need that kind of focal length, it is an excellent performer. Certainly, that's a good price for it. Similarly, $400 for the 17-40 is a steal, assuming it's a clean copy. The 17-40 is one of the real bargains in the L range (where "bargains" do not exist). It's a decent walk around lens on an APS-C sensor (I have a 30D) but that's not my real intention for it.

I have two film bodies, a Rebel G (old, low-end model, but well built) and a Rebel K2 (new, decent feature set, but built like a toy). I got both for chump change, it's really a buyer's market for 35mm film bodies, barring exotics like the EOS1v, and the Nikon F5 & F6. My plan is to use the 17-40 as my primary film lens. I do mostly landscapes with film, for which the 17-40 is of course ideally suited. I have several excellent manual focus portrait lenses for use when necessary.

I've used two copies of the 100mm F/2.8 macro, and I found it to be quite a solid piece of glass. It's decent for portraits, but the 200mm F/2.8L is sharper at distance, and has better bokeh. It of course rocks at macro, but if you're serious about that, budget for a ring flash. It's hard to get any DoF at macro distances, without stopping down like crazy. At least this is what my own limited experiences has taught me. $350 is quite a good price for one.

Thanks Knuckledragger, that post on the f/4 vs. f/2.8 was very useful to me. I was concerned about the weight on the 2.8 and thought that would be a deterrent. I assume that I would use it way more outside than in, so that should be less of an issue. That and greater sharpness has me re-thinking my decision.

One and three quarter cases of Peter Michael and six bottles of Kistler. I thank the Monkey for reminding me how much I love Kistler Chardonnay.

A bottle of Salt Sticks for hot summer pace line riding.