Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

Sennheiser HD201 on the 'bay.

I hope to grab a 2GB iPod Shuffle as well, and combine the two as a Christmas gift for my mom. Every time she listens to my rig, she says "you know, I love music, I don't know why I don't listen more".

Time to fix that ;).

Sweet. Chorus 706? What do those go for nowadays?

~$550CAD stands not included. Very impressive speaker for the money.

Mmmm! Focals and tubes, very nice Renato!

So you can enjoy an amp that you did not build as well huh? Though you'll probably have an urge to tweak it. ;)

Sure I can. I bought it used so it will get opened soon. Had the screwdriver in my hand before I even plugged it in, but thought better of it. Got some extra tubes too.

image.php?image=757265&is_user=0

Wear those with that techno jacket of yours and you will rule all the geeks on campus! ;D

comic-book-guy.gif

[righteous indignation] It is not a techno jacket, it's a TEC jacket incorporating PANâ„¢ technology (that's Personal Area Network). Thank you very much. [\righteous indignation]

Ooh, ooh, ooh -- let me know how you like them, I've been tempted by one of those Audio Technica clip-ons for my late night walks.

So far, not so good. They are not comfortable at all. The clip part digs into the tops of my ears. Sound-wise they are about as good as I expected them to be. Shy in the bass and some awkwardness in tonality in the mids. Overall they lean to the treble just a bit with smooth mids.

If it weren't for the comfort issue I'd keep them. I'll fiddle a bit to see if I can make it work, but frankly there are cheaper options. I knew these were a bit of a chance (what with being a glasses wearer and all) but I was hoping for the best.