Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

randall_knife_model_1_5_3793_450.jpg

Except with duralumin butt cap, nickel silver hilt, ironwood handle and thumb notch. Oh, and it won't be here until 2014.

Assuming you paid in full, at the current forecasted rate of inflation you actually paid 144% of the asking price for that knife. Then again it looks pretty cool.

More a question than anything, and definitely doesn't deserve it's own thread... but, can anyone recommend a cheap tuner (no, the "other" kind of tuner)? I need something relatively portable, and not an "in-line" tuner. I was looking at a Seiko ST01, which is cheap and very portable, but other options would be appreciated :)

More a question than anything, and definitely doesn't deserve it's own thread... but, can anyone recommend a cheap tuner (no, the "other" kind of tuner)? I need something relatively portable, and not an "in-line" tuner. I was looking at a Seiko ST01, which is cheap and very portable, but other options would be appreciated :)
I'm looking at amazon, and I'm not seeing the one I have, so I'll go and check later. Not that I'm an expert or anything, but when I bought it, my guitarist friend (Spacey) told me to get this one, it was the default one that everyone got, did the job, and was relatively cheap. I want to say it was a Yamaha, but I'm only seeing one Yamaha, and mine looks more like one of the Korg's, but cheaper. It's just got a simple little LCD display, tunes, and does nothing more (no metronome, no nothing).

Yeah, I have some high hopes for them, though I am also planning to mod them a bit. 1.25" MDF baffle, 0.75" MDF elsewhere, all film caps in the xover, and very nice measurements except for the lower bass registers. I will certainly report back about the sound and stuff, with familiar music and gear (I find that helps).

Some measurements:

fr_fullrange_averaged_1M.gif

fr_waterfall_detail_offaxis_1M.gif

Something tells me that your budget >>> my budget. :) The pair we ended up with is a set of Samsung's (the 219 series) and offered what seemed to be the best bang for our buck while having a good reputation for reliability. Total was $1440 delivered.

What you will want to look at are the newer models that use steam to both clean and dry. Those are supposed to be the tits but essentially double the cost which I simply couldn't justify or afford. If you don't want a bling WD set the above should do just about everything that a normal family needs including having a Sanitize function and being able to wash a king comforter.

I did a fair amount of research on brands/prices/reliability and it's basically a crapshoot with the exception of Sears/Kenmore and Whirlpool. The saleslady that we talked to at Sears said she could not in good conscience recommend any of their house-brand stuff when the competition was much better. That spoke volumes to me and I asked her what she had in her house, she pointed to the Samsung stack and said it's what she's been recommending for most folks for over a year now. The rest of the brands get your typical love/hate feedback online. You either get a good set or a bad one. I suspect far more people get good than bad and that most people with good experiences don't take the time to write online reviews.

Why didn't you get a 500gb?

The 320GB was quite cheap (80$CAD) compared to 130$ for the 500GB. I have an external hard drive anyway for storing my music, I just wanted something bigger so I can use a nice 100GB Windows 7 partition.