Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

Congrats, either way you can't go wrong in my opinion. I have always used Dura Ace but the Sram is nothing to sneeze at either, they both are lightweight and shift really really smooth. Do much climbing where you live?

Thanks man. I ended up with the SL0 with the Zipps, Red and Fizik saddle.

No mountains right near home but some nice 1-2 mile 4-6% hills that are enough to keep my currently fat ass busy. Hopefully my climbing will improve more as I drop weight and work on base fitness. All I can do right now is keep my heart rate at 155 and see what I can do. Once I work up more base fitness I can head over to Shenandoah VA and do some real climbing. ;D

Thanks man. I ended up with the SL0 with the Zipps, Red and Fizik saddle.

No mountains right near home but some nice 1-2 mile 4-6% hills that are enough to keep my currently fat ass busy. Hopefully my climbing will improve more as I drop weight and work on base fitness. All I can do right now is keep my heart rate at 155 and see what I can do. Once I work up more base fitness I can head over to Shenandoah VA and do some real climbing. ;D

I am assuming that is like 75% of your max right? If so with a few sprints sprinkled in you should be in pretty good shape by the end of the year. As I recall, building the anaerobic fitness through sprints will help with your climbing. Good luck and keep it upright.

I am assuming that is like 75% of your max right? If so with a few sprints sprinkled in you should be in pretty good shape by the end of the year. As I recall, building the anaerobic fitness through sprints will help with your climbing. Good luck and keep it upright.

More like 80% but yeah. With the terrain around here that's about where it ends up. If I do 10 miles or I do 40 miles my average HR over the ride is 155. I have a heart condition that makes my heart run a few beats high so that's part of it. We'll see how this all goes.

Thanks for the advice :)