Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

Funny. I am divesting myself of German cars forever after my last Audi (which Nate wisely warned me against).

Heh, my love for them persists but my desire to own one is gone. I would never own another VW/Audi that was not covered by a low-deductible comprehensive warranty. It seems you either get a bulletproof one or a near lemon, no inbetween.

And nice office rig Mike!

I typically put about 50k on a car in 3 years so I should be safe. Just not sure what I want. A part of me says get a Honda Insight, Toyota Prius or the new Lexus version. I don't pay for my car, insurance, gas or maintenance/repairs on the front end. The more we all spend the less there is at the end to split up. We have a soft upper end on the monthly payment but if I spend less, it doesn't come back to me, except a few extra $'s for the three of us to split up at the end of the year. I know, what a terrible problem to have.

the M5 is a nice car.

Waaaaaaaaaay too fiddly in my book.

The GS Hybrid looks like a nice car, but I'm not sure any of the current-production hybrids are really any better for the environment as a whole despite the fact that they may help reduce the amount of gas that you buy.

I had two Audi A6s in a row and both were totally reliable. Honda and Toyota are out, Mike, those are non-starters for a man of your stature. Get the Lexus hybrid. I am loving mine.

I hear you but I'm not sure I care all that much about my stature. I have a lot of car shopping to do, what fun.

I hear you but I'm not sure I care all that much about my stature.

And yet, you are considering a Jag, the only good for the status champion? :P Seriously, chicks just can't dig a guy your age in a Prius. Simple as that.

As for the environment/gas saving aspect, I think that air pollution/greenhouse gases/etc. are at the top of the heap, and the Lexus is a Super Ultra Low Emissions Vehicle and therefore much better than some of the sportier pure-gas competitors. Plus, it is the fastest sedan Lexus makes, so you got that going for you too! ;)